Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser repair

S

SenKat

LOL !!!! Oooooooooooo boy do I feel sheepish :p Sorry about jumping in on this -I'll shut the hell up now :)

Chackal said:
I also have a laser display system and I would like to get some more juice out of it,it has 30mw,I opened it and saw 2 pot,one blue and lays flat on the board and the other one is yellow and lays vertical to the board,any ifo will be greatly appreciated.

Advice: Don't! Pot modding a 30mW is very high risk, very low reward. The more couple of percents you add onto the power will barely be noticeable, but the significant decrease is lifetime will be - especially in the very likely event that you shorten the lifetime to 0hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds.

merged consecutive posts

Well I guess i will let the things alone,sell it and buy somethin more juicy.There are videos in a web page illustrating how to dissasemble a green laser pointer and how to get more power using the pot trick.The same thing goes to the Laserglo pointer I have,aka PGL whathever.Thanks to all of you anyway.

I have some Sony laser Diode,but when turned on they are not focused,what do I need and where I can get the focusing item,or collimator whatever.Thanks

In the video on how to make a laser pointer with a flashlight it doesnt show any focusing lens.

Last edited by a moderator:
The easiest is to build it into one of the AixiZ modules, which provisions for a focusing lens already. Check out gregs sales.stonetek site, I think he sells them and has guides up there too. I'm not sure what vid you're talking about, but honestly I wouldn't put too much trust in it. eBay and youtube are filled with pure laser BS.

With an AixiZ module you just press the diode into the case. The top has a threaded collimating lens in it that you can adjust to get your sony diode focused.

Aseras

Chackal said:
Lserglow is vary lazy in answering emails,but thats what the do.The company is in Canada.

don't email them call. Ask for Paul, he's the tech. I learned that a while back. I'm gonna have to be doing the same thing as I'm noticing an issue with one of my lasers and I need to get it looked at while it's still under warranty.

merged consecutive posts

Thanks pseudo,Ill check that and se if I can buy 3,cause I have 3 Sony diodes 150mw.I made a direct connection and the beam wasnt on focus.
Aceras I lost my hearing 15 years ago due to a bilateral neumonia,cannot call laserglo,everything has to be by email or letter.

Im trying to enter stone tec to buy Aixiz modules,but the page seems to be in problems,I get a cannot disply this page message fron explorer.

H

High_Octane

I see what you mean.
All I can suggest is to use FireFox. Its loads just fine then.

Seems to be a server issue. Greg will have to contact them to get it fixed.

did I take it correctly you're selling your old one? What would you want for it?
No guarantees just mildly interested.

merged consecutive posts

Is there some kind of connection to connect the laser diode electrodes to wires that dont need soldering,want to know so not to use heat on them to solder wires.Thanks

Looking for a pre built laser driver,for those laser diodes in its Aixis casing from Greg.If someone knows,please let me know.I cannot make one myself because of eyesight problems.