Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser regulations in Sweden

Hello,

I'm from the Netherlands but I want to take some of my lasers with me on holiday to Sweden(by car),
Does anyone know if laser(pointers) are legal in Sweden?

I honestly don't know.

I've heard that customs take them, but I can not confirm that.

Just keep it low.

I think lasers with a power more than 5mw actually IS illegal to use in places that everyone has acces to in Sweden. I'm a swede, and I have taken my class 3Blasers with me on several vacations. I have shone it around very much in the nights, and I have not had much trouble. As FML said above, just keep it low and you will be just fine. With keeping it low, I mean to be vigilant and watch out for patrolling cops and such. It would NOT be a good idea to go to a square in the middle of a town, to tell everyone you meet about the laser, and show it to them. Then you will quickly get famous as the "laser man", and the cops will start to do investigations. That is about how it turned out for me, coz many people walking by my house have seen a lot of laser beams and dots.
People will perhaps not walk by my street anymore, as they think the houses around are full of snipers. ;D

Just be careful, and it will be okay. :)

OMFG IT'S THE LASER-MAN! HE'S GONNA SHOOT MEH!!
;D ;D ;D
Let's not get into detail^

He he, tell us about the cops at your place again. ;D

A police car is driving by my house. The have spotted my green beam.

policeman: -now WHAT is that?!?
other policeman: -Dunno, a laser from a spaceship or something? Lets go check it out.

Five minutes later: -DAMN, it was a 15year old boy with a laser pointer!!! Unbelievable!

;D ;D ;D

I don't know the Swedish laws concerning lasers, but since Sweden is a member of the EU you will not encounter customs traveling from the Netherlands to Sweden (I take it you travel through Germany and Denmark). As long as you don't use that thing outdoors in a city I reckon you won't be spotted and will be fine.

I will not use it in or near a large city,
Just use it from the beach in the direction of the sea.

I'll be carefull. ;)