Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser problem

Hello guys, I've recently started using my old green laser again, but the dot is always inconsistent. Sometimes it's a dot and sometimes it looks like a stellar cluster lol. Does anyone know what might be going on with my crazy laser? I must admit i've been f****** with it today. Made is work for like an hour non stop, inserted it in the freezer for 5 minutes to cool it down just for fun etc... do you think it will go back to normal with time or is it gonna stay that way? Thanks!

Heleno

u gotta be kidding right?
i am not dmart at all at laser deals - but how do you think that fragile equipment would behave to extreme temperatures and more than 1000% duty cicle?
If there is anyone telling that you still have a good laser, i would like to see the magical idea to make it work!

Remember that a trip through a freezer can cause condensation on the lens when you take it out. This isn't a new idea here and has been discussed before especially in reference to TEC cooling.

HMike