Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser power meter

I work at an R&D facility for developing Diesel engine Technology, now for years we have been using a laser allginment system for our Dynomometers. It is Callibrated by our engineers using a "Gentec UNO " with a thermal sensor. I dont really know much about power meters, but would this be an accurate tool to use for our type of lasers to measure power output?

I may be able to get Limited use of it if it is any good and if I buy the Engineer a couple of pints.

Any thoughts?

Jase

S

SenKat

That sounds interesting - take a laser with known output and test it out on there ! :)

Jase --

YES -- A calorimiter type power meter will easily read a $3 red pointer. HOWEVER, Like any metering system in science, you need to know its limitations - My Scientech is sensitive to a moments touch on the outside by a fingertip !!
Here is a good chance to ask someone who might know something and share info with us. Take one in and ask them to test it while you watch. I would love to be able to do that -- FREE education.

Mike