Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser pointer for use on LCD/LED TV surface?

LEDTVLaserPointer

Hi, new to laser pointer, looking for a green laser pointer that can be used on LCD/LED TV surface without it getting absorbed? Its for presentation and most laser pointer gets absorbed.

Maybe lowest power rating possible to minimize safety hazard?

I'm aware this thread is a bit old, but it may be relevant to any one else searching.

Screens are specifically designed to do this. If they reflect the incoming light, they have intense mirror-like glare image of the room that you may recall being more common from CRT TVs. If they were to disperse and reflect the light, that's called "white", and would ruin the effect of the "darks" of the image. The only way I see you overcoming this design feature is with higher power, which may not be entirely safe depending on your situation.

LEDTVLaserPointer

I'm aware this thread is a bit old, but it may be relevant to any one else searching.

Screens are specifically designed to do this. If they reflect the incoming light, they have intense mirror-like glare image of the room that you may recall being more common from CRT TVs. If they were to disperse and reflect the light, that's called "white", and would ruin the effect of the "darks" of the image. The only way I see you overcoming this design feature is with higher power, which may not be entirely safe depending on your situation.

Yes, we have been using a 200mw green laser, but its faulty now so looking for more durable replacement, hoping sanwu can help. I know its not very safe so we only use it for specific cases with knowledgeable users. We are looking for pen typ;e with removable batteries.