Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Pointer For Green Line On Floor

A family member needs to project a straight line across a floor and wants the line to be there for hours at a time. This gets into an area I've never worked with and wanted to see what others knew.

If this was a single spot, I know that 5mW would be the maximum, BUT because the energy is spread into a line it strikes me that more power could be used safely. The issue with power is no big deal at night, but there are times when this has to run with some outside sunlight coming in and the line needs to show.

The other issue is who sells this sort of thing? I know who to go to for burning lasers, but this is a special application. The line is for a person with a disability. She needs the line to help position herself.

Thanks,

Bob Diaz

I know LaserGlow sells Green Alignment lasers which can project out a "line pattern". After looking at the website it's pretty expensive, $309 for just 5mW, but it seems it can be turned on for as long as you want. Here is the link in case you want to check it out:
Laserglow Technologies

Another option would be to buy a 532nm pointer from one of the trusted websites and have a "line" head attached at the tip to create the desired effect. Problem is, most 532nm pointers have some kind of duty cycle IIRC and finding a "line" head which fits can be an issue.

-Alex

$309 (Look of eyes wide open) WOW, that's a bit much for our application.

I fear the duty cycle is going to kill this idea.

Bob Diaz

$309 (Look of eyes wide open) WOW, that's a bit much for our application.

I fear the duty cycle is going to kill this idea.

Bob Diaz

Don't lose hope. Maybe one of the members can build you a 100% duty cycled 532 laser that fits your needs!

Try to open a WTB in the B/S/T section :)

-Alex