Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser not starting -- checked batteries ect..

read some of the common things to do on these forms,

also this is first high power laser, have some 5mW and other safe ones, but nothing past that till i got this one, not a very good person with lasers either

i recently received a 1600mW 445nm laser from rayfoss, www.rayfoss.com
doesn't look the same, has no key, and looks newer, has the 3 lights where the danger label is on the picture with a power button where the key slot is in that picture

problem:

It started about 2 times, then after i tried to use it, it doesn't start up, so this what i have checked so far:

- cleaned out the battery compartment with a dry paper towel as well as the screwing groove thingi

- checked batteries with a battery meter after charging them, they seemed to have juice, not sure exactly how much, since the meter is kind of old and i don't know how to read it very well, but they seem to definitely have some juice.
(uses 2 16340 cr123a batteries, came with batteries and charger)

== is it safe to say that its not going to work and is defective? (haven't really burned anything with it, or dropped it, or done anything really other then turn it on for a quick second. Now it doesn't even power up, and its been literally 2 days since i received it, and its my first day trying to use it. Should I think of returning it or could it possibly be the batteries? maybe not all batteries work well and still have charge?

-- any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

I assume you inserted the batteries the proper way if it worked and now doesn't. What brand of batteries are you using? I think that may be your issue. Are the protected?

I assume you inserted the batteries the proper way if it worked and now doesn't. What brand of batteries are you using? I think that may be your issue. Are the protected?

ultra-fire, 16340, 1200mAh, 3.6V, Li-ion

no they are not protected, and im not an expert, but shouldn't the laser turn on at least, if not be as strong if the batters are some what functional?

also i have tried putting in batteries both ways, but i know the correct way, since i have turned it on 2 times before

I would think it's a connection problem then somewhere within the laser... try shorting the endcap with a piece of aluminum foil between the battery and the endcap. I'd also contact rayfoss

here are some pictures:

in attachments

Attachments

• Snapshot_20130615.JPG
    Snapshot_20130615.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 95
  • Snapshot_20130615_1.JPG
    Snapshot_20130615_1.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 90
  • Snapshot_20130615_2.JPG
    Snapshot_20130615_2.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 94
  • Snapshot_20130615_3.JPG
    Snapshot_20130615_3.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 96
  • Snapshot_20130615_4.JPG
    Snapshot_20130615_4.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 98
  • Snapshot_20130615_5.JPG
    Snapshot_20130615_5.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 106
ya i emailed them this morning, but its saturday, and they tend to have slow replies, so i will see how that works out, also if i have to ship it back, does anyone know cheap shipping from usa to china?

i rather not spend $50USD on shipping.. :(

Please tell me you have appropriate safety goggles. Especially with that high power of a laser... you'll go blind just by one unfortunate reflection.:( get a good pair here: U.S. or International

Please tell me you have appropriate safety goggles. Especially with that high power of a laser... you'll go blind just by one unfortunate reflection.:( get a good pair here: U.S. or International

ordered 4 pairs that will come on monday so i can show other ppl too, but at the moment i haven't got them, also why i just turned the beam on and off real fast once, and didn't try to point it at anything or burn anything, because i was scared of going blind my self, but was only able to turn it on two times, while actually using the beam once.

and now im also broke, with $167 which i got to make last 1 more month before i get any pay lol... thats really why i rather not pay $50 for shipping back, or i will have to try hard to not go hungry,

yes im kind of stupid with money management

i assumed you used the on off part on the front? lol

also im not sure about this but it may be possible to send it to a expert member here, who can be trusted too look at it and hopefully fix it,, there are pros in every country thus shipping it could only cost a few dollars .. but i dont know how lol ,, maybe someone else can... but that could be a last resort.

Last edited:
i assumed you used the on off part on the front? lol

also im not sure about this but it may be possible to send it to a expert member here, who can be trusted too look at it and hopefully fix it,, there are pros in every country thus shipping it could only cost a few dollars .. but i dont know how lol ,, maybe someone else can... but that could be a last resort.

actually it doesn't work, u can focus the beam, but there is no or off, i dont even know why it says it there, shouldn't that be a shutter? because i took the batteries out then looked into it (yes i was too pussy to look into it when it was off or not working lol) and i there was no shutter, also no way to twist it to make anything turn on or off, ... but i have been known to be a first class jackass on occasions before :D

- but i have tried and no luck doing anything with that on or off thing

actually it doesn't work, u can focus the beam, but there is no or off, i dont even know why it says it there, shouldn't that be a shutter? because i took the batteries out then looked into it (yes i was too pussy to look into it when it was off or not working lol) and i there was no shutter, also no way to twist it to make anything turn on or off, ... but i have been known to be a first class jackass on occasions before :D

- but i have tried and no luck doing anything with that on or off thing

lol well not really too pussy,, more like smart,,, if your gun was jamming im sure you would still take the bullets out before looking in the barrel lol

and i always thought they had the key like in the pic,, make sure you mention that to the company..

lol well not really too pussy,, more like smart,,, if your gun was jamming im sure you would still take the bullets out before looking in the barrel lol

and i always thought they had the key like in the pic,, make sure you mention that to the company..

oh ya good idea, might give me room for comfort, since the picture they put up is completely bogus,

ya smart i guess is a better word i like that one, if it was a bullet you can heal from it most of the time, but i don't think my eyes can heal from blindness in a forever amount of time, i personally rather get shot in the chest cause the chances of healing are a lot better then being blind in one eye, and for me one of my eyes are near sighted, and the other one is far (you have to see my glasses, pretty funny looking, different visions in both lenses and all that fun stuff, so losing one of them, would kind of kill a large portion of my vision :san: