Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Laser module !!

This is a module and the backend can not be screwed in all the way so i like to sell it or throw it away see image price is $25
I will include a brand new A4 diode pressed in brand new G2 lens spring and all the goodies 👽
img_9124-jpeg.78414

Attachments

• IMG_9124.jpeg
    IMG_9124.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Once i forced and turned it and it got stuck i was unable to remove it same problem i was having when i build the laser the lens was not going in all the way i also forced it and the lens got stuck lost a good lens 🫥

I did i got it at home depot i attached it to mine machine and it drilled thew the module first time hehe i was experimenting on 5 modules it always causes more damage i think if its not done the first time correct its over it always makes new threads damaging the older threads

Yeah might have to do it by hand working it back and forth until you catch the first thread and fix the threading, or it just will tear it apart by hand lol

Often, if the part threads were cut on 2 different lathes, then the threads might be a slightly different pitch. If it's a CNC lathe then the feed speed is likely correct whereas a gear driven lathe may have a gear set that is an approximation of the pitch. It usually works out ok unless it's a long piece with threads. Then the slight mismatch will eventually catch up.

The fact that the tap didn't fit right is a solid indicator that the part threads are a slightly wrong pitch.

Or, most common, it could simply be that the thread depth on one or both parts doesn't match perfectly. Also common for the deeper threads on a female part to be cut more shallow deeper in. That small a part requires a small cutting tool that lends itself to flex. If the feed speed is too high the tool won't be able to keep up with the cut and will rise up and cut more shallow as it feeds deeper.

As far as taps, you would need a special bottom cut tap that you won't find at a normal hardware store. They are used for bling hole tapping when the tap can't go all the way through a hole.

Note the tap at the bottom of the photo is more blunt nosed. There must already be threads cut using one of the other two taps, which are both slightly different, and then finish up with the bottom cut tap. You can also grind the nose even more blunt to get deeper in a bling hole.

These are from Travers tool Co. McMaster Carr is also a good source. Maybe a good ace hardware but never seen them.

Attachments

• IMG_2456.jpeg
    IMG_2456.jpeg
    781.6 KB · Views: 4
You're not going to find the correct tap at Home Depot.... The modules us an M9 x .5 thread and an M11 x .5 thread.

Inconsistent thread machining. I can make press fit parts consistently but consistent threads are a PITA unless you have a super nice tight lathe with DRO's or better yet CNC. Even then you're at the mercy of the tool bits and your knowledge and experience with speeds-and-feeds.

Inconsistent thread machining. I can make press fit parts consistently but consistent threads are a PITA unless you have a super nice tight lathe with DRO's or better yet CNC. Even then you're at the mercy of the tool bits and your knowledge and experience with speeds-and-feeds.

Back