Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Module Help.

If you want you can sort of make your own ghetto host like I do. I throw the whole thing in some PVC piping with a cap on either end, drill a hole out for a switch, drill a cap for the aperture, then throw in a 9volt battery.

Chuiy

Alright cool :) I assume PVC doesn't make a great host, does it? (Cooling issues).

As well, how can I go about incorporating an off-on switch into this? I actually found a switch in an old bread board I had laying around with two pins on it. I can take a photo if you like, but I was curious to see how that would be incorporated into the setup.

You would add the switch between the battery and the driver. If your driver has a capacitor then it will charge while the switch is off and discharge into your diode, so it's just a good habit to get into. That's about all there is to it for a switch. Solder it in there and it will control your circuit.

Chuiy

Oh.. duh! I can't believe I didn't have the common sense to figure that out on my own :) Thanks so much for your help!

Not a problem, I was in your place not to long ago myself :D. If you need anything more just ask and I'll do my best to answer.

Chuiy

Alright! You have helped so much with lasers, let me know if you need any help with setting up servers or any computer related issues. I feel it is my duty to reciprocate the kindness and willingness to help that you have shown me :)