Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Measuring Sensor

Akiyalria

Hi, all
I am new to this forum, and I am building a laser measuring device recently to perfet my Laser Sensor Application Tutorial. Such sensor with a minimum measuring distance below 3 inches and any max above 24 in. Also, I need the sensor to have an accuracy of +/- 1/16 or less. Any suggestions or advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance! :)

If someone could give me an idea of all the parts that I might need would be great!

Hi, all
I am new to this forum, and I am building a laser measuring device recently to perfet my Laser Sensor Application Tutorial. Such sensor with a minimum measuring distance below 3 inches and any max above 24 in. Also, I need the sensor to have an accuracy of +/- 1/16 or less. Any suggestions or advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance! :)

If someone could give me an idea of all the parts that I might need would be great!
There's a laser module sensor from IFM, the O1D300 that uses an 650nm laser, <5mW for sensing applications with a range of 9 meters, it has a spam of 0.20 meters, so the final effective area is 8.8 meters, you can use this reference as your starting point.