Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

laser lighter

Encap

cheers for the reply electric plasma.....the quote on the child....im responding to is because that's something a child would do......clearly im not a child.....but im guessing ppl are putting safety first I guess......and I cant fault those who are (looking out for my safety) first......and thankyou for that........im guessing the whole lighter idea is gonna be scraped and im going to get a diode , driver and a host instead......

Glad to hear you are not planning to build 2-3W cigarette lighter.

Lots of hosts available from members on LPF.

If you want a whole kit without doide that is easy to build have a look at : Survival Laser USA Home You can then pick whatever diode you want.

At that output power safety glasses are a must to aviod eye dmage, so also look at getting an Eagle Pair of safety goggles here: Safety

Last edited:

thanks for the reply lux and pman.....from your reply pman..that's the kind of thing I was trying to explain .....the lighter build was just something diff from like the norm torch looks host and as I sed it would be locked away in my gun cabinet.....these lasers are not toys and for fun in my eyes....just a unique device more like a trophy ,something u don't really see in the uk apart from the typical laserpens u get off ebay ect......so yer I wanted something diff........but im going to keep the lighter in mind...I am looking fwd to building some lazers and will post my pics and progress here too all help will be credited...thanks all

good point diachi.......I have my gun cabinet and by law I have to keep key on me all times in the uk...I do like some of the hosts that u have to have a key to activate the lazer too

cheers for reply encap.......the lighter may now be a future project but certainly not with a 2-3w diode..mite just use a cheap diode from a 301 ect.....cert wont be lighting cigs with it anyways...that's the first thing that's going to pop into peoples heads wen they see a lazer lighter lol...I can see the funny side of it but also the dangerous side of it too.....your eyes r prop the most precious part of the human body without sight your world changes.......lazer in the wrong hands one stupid mistake can change your whole life forever.......

good point diachi.......I have my gun cabinet and by law I have to keep key on me all times in the uk...I do like some of the hosts that u have to have a key to activate the lazer too

If you take a look at www.laserbtb.com they have good prices, good quality and nice hosts, some that have all the Class 4 laser safety features that you should technically have. Such as an aperture shutter, disconnect dongle, key interlock and emission arm/on indicator. They have many output and wavelength options from pen hosts to larger sized handheld and portable hosts too. I have one of their portable PL445 2+W 445nm and I am very satisfied with it, and having all the safety features is nice too. Plus, these lasers usually are over-spec or at the very least on-spec so they make a good choice for starting out before going into the amazing world of higher end and custom builds.

Last edited:
lots of choices hosts diodes drivers ect........lot of people put time and effort on here crafting hosts ect....ill prob get my diode and driver from dtr shop if ships to uk......and a host from Ehgemus if also ships to uk....