Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser in a car?

Jdubz

I've been looking on the forum and seen that some lasers are 12v, how much work would be needed to run one off a 12v car battery?

Jake

Razako

I've been looking on the forum and seen that some lasers are 12v, how much work would be needed to run one off a 12v car battery?

Jake
Get one of those power thingies that go into the cig lighter and then wire it to your laser. It's that simple. Just don't do anything stupid with the laser.

Jdubz

Not going to mess around with it... Just think it would look cool in the fog from the front grille....Power thingy?

anselm

http://www.futurlec.com/DCPower-CarPlugs.shtml

Under NO circumstance must you have a laser on the exterior of your car!
That is against regulations, not to mention the unnecessary source of danger, irritation
and confusion for other traffic participants.:tsk::tsk:
If you do it anyway, I hope a cop catches you and your license gets suspended.

drevil

OK. Please do not attempt this, it will not end well. And if your referring to something as the "power thingy" you might want to read up on diodes, driver, and current regulation. As a passenger I have pointed a 445nm laser into the sky but it was in the middle of nowhere.

Bad. Idea.

IIRC, a member not too long ago got some 445 in the eye when using his laser in his car.