Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

laser host for pl520

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
bandlasing, here is a review of a very similar host."Custom LPC-826 Laser". :)
Looking at your link, I'd assume that the ribbed aluminum piece is your heatsink.

Last edited:
bandlasing, here is a review of a very similar host."Custom LPC-826 Laser". :)
Looking at your link, I'd assume that the ribbed aluminum piece is your heatsink.

That is exact host thank you, I want a heatsink like that for this host. The one in the pic is just the reflector for the flashlight. I am going to try and get a ribbed heat sink for it as well.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
No problem. :) I'm sure Mrcrouse could make one for you; that's where Awillis had his made. Good luck with your build!

No problem. :) I'm sure Mrcrouse could make one for you; that's where Awillis had his made. Good luck with your build!

Thank you much sir, I will be contacting him soon. So what do you think, will it look nice with a single mode green beam coming out of it?

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
It will look fantastic, which diode are you going to use?

It will look fantastic, which diode are you going to use?

I bought the PL520 in a copper module w/ no leads that krnaznboy had for sell. Once I get it I am going to test it before I go any further if it checks good them placing an order with DTR for the microboost. Then ordering the host.