Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser host and module help

You might wanna wait for a Sr member to confirm this.

In this case I believe yes. The spring makes one connection while the host makes the other. I'd check that spring see if it's connected to ground or not. If it's not then the host is positive and you'll want to insert your battery negative side up.

* this corresponds with the their diagram as well.

But like I said, you might wanna wait for confirmation from another member more experienced then myself.

I know I have to remove the top part of the module but was wondering if I remove the wires too.
You cannot remove the top part of the module. The module that you bought is not focus-able. You can only remove the top part if it is focus-able. You shouldn't have got that module. It is totally rip off and it won't work for that host. You should have gotten a module similar to this. For this, you can clearly see the part that you need to remove-the part with lens.

Yes, if this is going in a pointer, the wires should be desoldered. The case itself completes the circuit with the battery +.

You should have gotten a module similar to this.

That's not going to fit easily in the case OP has chosen.

Alright thanks for the help going to remove the wires and drop it into a extra pen host.

When I asked techhood about that particular module he responded:

The IR ratio is 20% around of this laser.
If the battery is full charger then the power output of this laser can reach to 175-185mw around.