Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Graffiti

OK, I'm stumped... ;D But I love a mystery...

It's not phosphorescence because you clearly turn whatever is illuminating the purple shape "off" at one point. That doesn't appear to be a camera edit either because the transition is too smooth... I can see the tiny dot of a lens reflection so I'm thinking that you're burning a slide of some kind, maybe a gel in front of a light source with one laser attached to the greenie we see "drawing" the shape. The purple shape is offset a bit from the green "pen" that draws it you see... Watson! get me my pipe!

Maybe you're burning a gel set on an overhead projector with 2 lasers pointed in opposite directions? (This is fun! :D)

Don't tell us right away, we might come up with some other great ideas trying to figure out how you did this. LOL

Cheers, CC

chido

Well I think he has a projector hooked up to a computer, the computer has a camera which picks up the green light, then it sends the info to the projector so it can show the trail of the laser through the surface.
This video has been posted many times, and they basically do the same thing, only bigger. ;D
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFWcAkxzkv4[/media]

Oldie but a goodie... :D
I turn 16 (driving age) May 13th... you can rest assured as soon as i get mehself a car I'll be cruising with an inverter, a projector, a laptop and a laser! :p
(And a video camera so you people can share the joy LOL)

old but how many people have you seen do it?

ive only seen the people who made it, do it.

so thought i would give it ago

Switch

I think many people did it, including myself :p But not many caught it on video :D

ah i see.

if im honest im not very impressed with it.i dont think ill be buying a projector just for laser graffiti