Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Goggles for 1w+

im looking for some laser Goggles for 445 and 532 (but mostly 445) im gonna be using it with a 1w 445 laser and i want to know what kind i should get i dont really wanna use over 30 but if i must then i will.

I found out the 3M UV blocking yellow goggles works fine with blue ray. With my 100mw blue ray only less than 1 mw go through. Here's the link:3M Goggles 1
3M Goggles 2

They are good deals. Under 10 bucks good brand good quality.

Last edited:
They are your eyes, but frankly I wouldn't trust any goggles that haven't been tested, or are reputable and certified for use with lasers.

You never know... they might have changed the dye used for coloring or something and the ones you get might do nothing.

Maybe PM one of the vets on here and ask to send them a pair for testing... most would do it for the price of shipping them back to you. I'd offer, but frankly my experience is somewhat limited and I'm afraid I would damage the glasses with my lasers.

I don't know but it do work. With 100mw 405 I can't even got reading after the goggles. with 700mw 445 I got like 10mw after goggles. With 405 and 445 there are no sign of damage on the goggles.

I found out the 3M UV blocking yellow goggles works fine with blue ray.
With my 100mw blue ray only less than 1 mw go through.

They do work well with 405's and they do provide some amount of protection but IMO it's not enough for the 1W 445nm.

I've tested some yellow goggles I got from Amazon, and the 600mW 445nm laser would start melting them, and still transmit too much light to be safe. Comparing them against the certified YLW goggles they had a slightly lighter yellow color. I would save up for the certified goggles until you know the cheaper ones work (i.e. are user-certified).