Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Glove

So, I recently saw a product that was designed like an Iron-Man glove but with a twist. It included a 700mw 445nm laser inside it, as well as a 300mw red laser. While that's a good output and the quality seemed good, I'm looking for a more slim glove that I can integrate a powerful diode into, preferably 1W+.

(I know this is a weird request)

I have safety glasses capable of protecting against lasers of that power, so that is not a problem. The problem is I'm having trouble finding a good diode (that is actually focused with a glass lens). And that the gloves I have found are way too bulky. If anyone has one for sale (If you do, then wow) or if you have advice on how I could construct one within a reasonable budget (50-75$) That would be much appreciated.

Id like if I could get advice on building it more than offers (I will still GREATLY appreciate any offers) that way I have experience
:D
EDIT: I found a 10$ laser diode on eBay, but it isn't focused yet, and getting the focusing right is important.

Thanks! He didn't really have what I needed though. Would anyone be willing to make this? I've started trying to make mine, but don't have all the tools required to make a good one.

A 1 watt laser on a glove is up there with some of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard. Even with goggles you will likely blind yourself as goggles weren't ever meant for a direct hit in the eye with a Class IV laser. Lasers that powerful should always be under close control to avoid a direct hit in the eye even with goggles. There have been low power laser gloves around for several years, but I have never thought it was a good idea to have one.

Last edited: