Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser "Garage"

I know in phpBB there is a modification that allows you to add all of the cars you own to your profile, and other users can click on a link in your profile to see the cars you own. You can add a picture or two and you can add a little test to describe your car, and other users can leave comments on it. Is there a mod like this for YaBB? What I'm getting at is it should be an easy modification to switch it to "User's lasers" instead of "user's cars". I think it would be a great mod to add to this forum, users could put their lasers into their profile and show off what they own!

So C0ld, can you do something like this?

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
hey, i think this is a good idea, but the extended profiles mod (which i have already installed but not used), has several draw backs and risks. basically the mod allows custom fields to be added to profiles.

before implementing a feature like this using the extended profiles i am going to need to do more research. i dont want to risk messing anything up. one of the issues is that profiles will be larger and although disk space is not an issue, it might cause more stress on the server. another issue is that it might complicated to remove/edit fields in the future.

i will ask some experts on boardmod for advice about some of my concerns. i can't guarantee this feature will be able to be added, but i will do my best

regards,
-avery

What you could do: Set up a spare box at home (I know you have one) as a server and dump a backup copy of LPF on it. Then try using the mod on that.

Don't most people already display what lasers they have in their siggy? I'm not complaining though, it's a good way of systematically cataloging our member's lasers. long words are fun

yeah..it is a good idea, but it wont prevent anybody from writing their laser specs on their signatures. it'll be just for fun and information :)

smaller text is cooler

Anyone who have tried a BIG text?
Talk about a crap post...

Well, I might just say that I like the idea, but it's not necessary. I can live without it. :)