Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Laser from Lazerer

LZSK - Stick 445nm 1W Focusable Blue Laser Pointer

Finally got it this morning from the post office after missing the delivery yesterday. Gave it a test and here's my impression. Note, this will be my first experience with a <1W laser. I was wearing HDE® Laser Eye Protection Safety Glasses W/ Free Hard Case - Amazon.com for safety.

- The blue laser is amazing. The beam is a lot thicker than my <100mW green laser i bought from amazon. I'm inside the house and it's daylight outside.

- I've been reading the burning capabilities of a <1W laser and saw it first hand.
I started by focusing the laser and tried it on a roll of paper towel (the cardboard part) about <2 inches away and started smoking and left a black mark within a 1 sec or so. That impressed me since with my <100mW green, i need to use a black marker and it taked about 3-4 secs to start smoking.

- Next, i tested the burning range and went with 10ft of distance between the laser and the paper towel cardboard using a measuring tape for accuracy. As soon as i turned it on, with in 2 sec it started smoking and burned a hole as well. I was instantly blown away! Made me feel very excited and scared at the same time since it's all new to me to experience that kind of power from a laser.

InfinitusEquitas

Glad you like your new laser.

For reviews pictures are great ;)

Also remember to follow the duty cycle strictly, maximum one minute on, 1 minute off. Personally I would advise an even shorter duty cycle since the heatsink in that laser is brass, and very, very small.

A general rule of thumb, if the laser feels warm-hot, turn it off for a minute.

It smokes and burns holes pretty well but it doesnt catch on fire. I actually showed it to my wife (she was wearing safety glasses since i have 2) and she was amazed like i was. I did it in the middle of our kitchen floor away from other stuff. I understand your concern though.

Hey! also, remember to keep the laser in a clean spot. Its a pain in the buttski to clean those lenses. So dont pocket carry it. Lint is a lens's worst enemy ;)

brendon7358

I used to have that laser a good duty cycle for it is 30 seconds on 1 min off, I didn't follow it all the time though and as a result, it broke :cryyy: So BE CAREFUL

InfinitusEquitas

Very professional looking. For all my lasers, I really should break down and order a proper case :p

Nitpicking just a bit... the 16340 batteries in the case... they go in side by side :tinfoil:

Those four 16340 in the plastic case are the 1000mah ones which are the batteries for my 1W blue laser. The other 2 next to the safety glasses case are the 800mah are for the <5mW short black laser. Didnt wanna mix them up so i just throw em there for now. :D

InfinitusEquitas

No, I meant in the plastic case itself...

You have them like this;
--
--
parallel to the length of the case.

They should be like this
||||

I think my OCD is acting up again :tinfoil:

Also they are not 1000mAh, or 800mAh. At best, most likely 300mAh.

I was going by with what's written in the battery. If that's the case, you recommend any other brand besides ultrafire?

InfinitusEquitas

I used to have that laser a good duty cycle for it is 30 seconds on 1 min off, I didn't follow it all the time though and as a result, it broke :cryyy: So BE CAREFUL
Newbie Question:

Following the duty cycle prevents the laser from overheating and possibly damaging the laser right? Will rapid cooling affect the laser? Lets say i had my laser on for like 30+ secs and it feels very warm, since it's winter season and very cold outside, if i leave the laser out for a few seconds or so is it considered cooling the laser?

brendon7358

Newbie Question:

Following the duty cycle prevents the laser from overheating and possibly damaging the laser right? Will rapid cooling affect the laser? Lets say i had my laser on for like 30+ secs and it feels very warm, since it's winter season and very cold outside, if i leave the laser out for a few seconds or so is it considered cooling the laser?
I am not positive but going from a high temp to a low one too quickly may make it become brittle and things may break IDK

Newbie Question:

since that is basicallly going from one extreme to the other I would say just place it infront of a little fan and that should do the trick.