Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser DVD RW removal

Laserin

Back when I was studying at a vocational high school majoring in computer & network engineering, I found a damaged DVD RW for fun and then I took one and took it apart and it turned out that there were 2 separate Diodes, one for CD and one for DVD which was really bright, and I tried to take one Lite On brand as well with the same result , but the Laser DVD is completely broken so it can't be used.The lasers are the same size TO 56mm. Then I tried to buy a used DVD RW for Rp. 30,000.00 ($2.00) at random, and what came was the Samsung brand SH22, as soon as I unpacked it, I was immediately disappointed because the Laser CD and Laser DVD came together in a flat shape with a The 3 pins are aligned, do you have any tips on how to choose a used DVD RW with a separate Laser Diode CD&DVD with the TO 56&TO 38mm shape?,so I can make a burning laser pointer

16X blu-ray burner has the BDR-209 but you can buy laser diodes online for cheap, no need to wreck disc burners.

Remember that any laser over 5mw can damage your eyes, so wear the proper laser safety glasses.

Last edited:

Laserin

16X blu-ray burner has the BDR-209 but you can buy laser diodes online for cheap, no need to wreck disc burners.

Remember that any laser over 5mw can damage your eyes, so wear the proper laser safety glasses.

[link for Laser diode A140&M140]
Thank you for the advice,but the M140 and BDR 209 are much more expensive and both are in class IV which is far more dangerous. Is there a Laser diode option that is usually used on DVD RW?