Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser DIYer from NC, USA

Yep, I'm afraid I'm the newest one to develop a laser obsession. A band mate and I decided to start a new spinoff project in which we use microcrontollers to build our own midi/light control station for various effects while we are playing. This includes LED lighting, body suits with EL Wire, stage lights, and hopefully soon a laser as well. :D

At this point I am interested in making a low-resolution (10K) green scanner for beam effects and simple animations with at low a cost as possible. See you around!

thebucketmouse said:
cool man, I'm at NC State

Go Pack!

RW is the man, but our defense really needs to start stepping up its game. If we lose to dook, I might have to hurt somebody. I'm honestly feeling ok about the rest of the season though. We hung with Maryland, who beat up Wake. We get Miami at home, and hopefully they'll fall off teh cliff like they did at the end of last year. We should never, ever lose to dook. And, with UNC, rivalry game, the better team is never guaranteed a win, their crappy teams have routinely beaten our better teams the last few years. I'm cautiously optimistic, and really excited for the next few years as RW keeps getting better and better.

NCSU alum here, in case you hadn't guessed.

oh nice man ;)
but you forgot about the ECU game. i was there in the student section, best game ive seen in a while

I miss football games, right up there with the food (REAL barbeque, Bojangles, Cook-Out especially). Beating up on UNC last year was a great game to be at, and the game at night beating UVa was nice too last fall.

But alas, no football team here at my new school, and no Bojangles, or Cook Out, or sweet tea, or real barbeque.

Anyway, what's your major, and what year are you?

ahh thats no good. im a freshman in engineering, im in computer engr right now but i'll probably switch to electrical before i next year. i couldnt live without bojangles though. where do you go to school now?? must be way away from NC if there's no sweet tea.

<-----------Here: University of California, Santa Barbara

Yeah, about as far from NC as I could be, really. Don't get me wrong, it's gorgeous here and I love it, but California will never be North Carolina when it comes to the food and many other good aspects. But hey, the weather is perfect, the education awesome, my office and all my classes are a couple hundred yards off the ocean (the campus is its own peninsula, basically), and I have a view of the mountains too. I wouldn't trade where I'm at now for all the Bojangles in the world (but that doesn't mean I can't go crazy when I get back to NC to visit [smiley=evil.gif]). Since you're ECE, say hi to Centennial Campus for me: for 2 solid years, I spent more time in EB1 than I did anywhere else, my apartment included.

yeah i've always wanted to visit CA, hopefully i will someday. living that close to the ocean would be awesome. unfortunately i havnt been to centennial campus much except for tours when i was in high school, i doubt ill have classes there until at least my sophomore year. but ill tell them you said hello ;) what are you studying?

I'm in graduate school, towards a PhD in materials science. My BS from State is in materials science and engineering, as well. You ECE people were always hogging our computer lab, since our department was so small ;).

The ocean is pretty nice, although it's not as nice as the beaches and ocean of NC. The current here is a cold water current from Alaska (not like that wonderful Gulf Stream), and the water and beaches aren't as clean here as the beaches in NC, but it's still great.

Where in NC are you from, or are you from out of state?

material science? youre right theyre small, my E101 class is material science "themed", something i dont think has ever been done before. theyre really trying to get people into the MSE program so all I hear in E101 is stuff about MSE. its pretty cool though, i just prefer my ECE :)
and i'm from Goldsboro, about an hour east of Raleigh. but 2 months before I went off to State my dad's job got transferred so now we live in Clemmons, in the Winston Salem area.