Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser comparison video-Core,dx200,rpl,Hades.

Daedal, keep in mind those are diode arrays, not diodes. Powerful, but focusing the power to a spot for burning is a total pain in the ass.

Wow, 100W, A 100,000mW laser. Imagine what would happen if they made those in pen sized gadgets. At 808nm, that thing would be pretty visible if focused down, even though you would only be able to look at the dot once.

styropyro said:
Wow, 100W, A 100,000mW laser. Imagine what would happen if they made those in pen sized gadgets. At 808nm, that thing would be pretty visible if focused down, even though you would only be able to look at the dot once.

You can't get a 100W dot from a diode, they don't makes diodes anywhere near that strong, you'd need a DPSS process. Even if it were a diode though, first try making the >300W of power needed portable, and then try heatsinking what is normally meant for liquid cooling :D

Then to skip the liquid cooling all you have to do is tape two AAA's to the diode legs and use a 30 second on 10 second off duty cycle and you should be fine without the fancy liquid cooling system. See I have this all figured out ;)

styropyro said:
Then to skip the liquid cooling all you have to do is tape two AAA's to the diode legs and use a 30 second on 10 second off duty cycle and you should be fine without the fancy liquid cooling system. See I have this all figured out ;)
Your circuit seems to be lacking one key component.... the flux capacitor! Can't forget that one!

Oh stupid me! Without your help I could have burned out the diode!