Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Animation Proof of Concept

julianthedragon

Exploring how I can create art with my laser collection.

I created this video by taking several long exposure shots and making a stop motion animation.

(with sound)

Lasers I used were all approximately 50mw:
485nm, 520nm, 589nm, 635nm

Just made this for fun and to explore the materials and processes I could use to make laser art in the future. What do you think?

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Check out members like Radim. He focused on long exposure for his work. Also ArcticDude and the LPF laser photography god Brucemir for inspiration regarding composure. Nice start Julian. It’s different to see it done as a stop motion video.

Last edited:
Is there a way to make this into pixel art? Like a laser projector, but more, umm, analog/coarse? Could be pretty interesting to see.

julianthedragon

Check out members like Radim. He focused on long exposure for his work. Also ArcticDude and the LPF laser photography god Brucemir for inspiration regarding composure. Nice start Julian. It’s different to see it done as a stop motion video.
Thanks Curtis. Brucemir's work is awesome, he was one of the first members I PM'd on here. ArcticDude is also a beast, his album with Sanwu's RGB is major inspiration. I've stumbled across old threads with Radim's laser painting but all the media no longer loads, would love to see it if any is still available, seems like exactly the kind of thing I'm getting into here. EDIT: Found Radim's Instagram account, gonna have a look through there!

Is there a way to make this into pixel art? Like a laser projector, but more, umm, analog/coarse? Could be pretty interesting to see.
Wow idk but I'm imagining rather than pixels per se you could take a scalable vector/.svg file and feed it to an apparatus like a laser engraver, only instead of using powerful lasers to engrave it would use these to color a wall while a camera captured with a long exposure!

Last edited:
Vertex art seems to be the way to go. Just need a fast 2-axis servo, ideally that doesn't make a ton of noise. Sounds like a fun* project.

(Fun until it gets frustrating)