Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser aiming

TDunk

Hello all,
I am new to this forum so you'll have to bear with me. I require a laser aiming device for work. It would be preferable if it could also measure distances (50-300mm) to an accuracy of +/- 5mm.
We will need to mount it onto the end of a spray gun. It can either be mounted (i.e. stuck) down the bore (ID 5mm) of the gun as it will only be used by the operator while the gun is not running or around the rim of the spray gun which has an OD of approximately 50mm.
This device will be used to ensure we have the correct stand off position from the part to be sprayed and that we are aiming it at the correct place.
Does anyone know of an "off-the shelf" product that could be used or anyone that could manufacture this device for us?
If there is not a device suitable for measuring distances, does anyone know of a company who will manufacture a laser pointer to custom dimension so that we can place it up the barrell of then gun and use it solely as a pointer?
Thanks very much,
Tom

Switch

You could probably use a gun sight(easyer to mount and center than a regular pointer).I don't know about measuring distance though.Not familiar with those products.Probably the best I could do is search google, but you don't need us to do that. :-