Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser 303 from a shady store in Lithuania.

Sweecce

As the topic reads I bought a green laserpointer in a store in Lithuania with the specs

Wavelength: 532nm - 650nm
Outputpower : 100mw
On the box.

And this specs on the pointer :

Max output: <5000mw
Wavelength: 532nm +- 10
Class II Laser

Runs on one 18650 3.7 V battery.

I know the specs most likely are off, but it has a bright dot not a visible beam in daylight, some visibilty in dimmed light.

But it can burn! If I adjust the focus. So Im abit mindboggeled since I thought this probably was a 5 mw laser. But since it can burn Im leaning towards The 100mw as the box says. But shouldnt the beam be visible then?

Thankful for all help.

Telling the power from just looking at the dot/beam is not really possible. it's a cheap 532, so it's more than likely between 50mw and 300mw (most cheap greens come in around 80 ish from what I've read...)

The beam should be visible in fog/smoke and possibly visible in the dark - but again - it's pretty much impossible to tell the power of a laser without a Laser Power Meter.

Practically no lasers will have a visible beam in daylight - you'd need many watts of power at a green wavelength to have a chance. Sunlight is really bright in comparison.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
303 lasers; along with 301 and 302's, are cheap mass produced chinese pointers. They do average around 80mW, with some hitting above 100mW. But others don't make 80mW. They are not quality controlled. It is pot luck on whether you have a strong laser or not. The Lithuanian seller seems to be doing a better job on his description than the chinese. This laser should have a visible beam in dark and dim conditions and even should be faintly visible in room lighting. As for in broad daylight, you would need at least 2W+ with a nice tight beam to start seeing the beam under bright sunlight. I have found that cheap lasers like this are very dependent on battery condition and temperature for high output. Fully charged batteries and a slightly warm atmosphere will yield the most power.

GSS

^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^
Yup these 532's don't like cold weather..
Should be a visible beam in dim light conditions. Not everyone has a smoke machine but any kind of particle's in the air will help.
Burn some incense, and I hate to say this but unfortunately I smoke ciggs and that helps:rolleyes:

Also once you get a laser like this and it looks like you will be burning things, get a pair of safety glasses. Even a cheap red lensed pair for "now".
If you don't have them already you have to notice just how hard on the eye's it is when burning.

Last edited:
I hope you didn't pay much for this laser as they are available on eBay for ~$5.00. You should be able to see the beam in dark conditions or in a lit room with the beam coming towards you. The next best way to observe the beam is going away from you. I got a 650nm laser yesterday that cost me $10.00 and outputs 211 mW of optical power. If you focus it down to a tiny point a few inches away from the laser, it will burn very well. But, 650nm is red, not green.