Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Kryton Green Mod - Not Bad!

Switch

jayrob said:
When it gets dark, I'll see if can get some comparison shots with my RPL so you can see what I mean about the beam being 'fat'...
Jay
Yes please.And if you can some indoor closeup beam pics with some smoke or something, to really see what you're talking about.
If this quality is guaranteed , this would be a much better price than DX.I mean, I dunno who would risk 488 bucks with DX. ::)

caleb

as soon as that aconsen module came in the mail somthing like this was in my mind...

although, $220 :( for the consummer...

jayrob

Switch said:
[quote author=jayrob link=1226103486/20#31 date=1227390247]When it gets dark, I'll see if can get some comparison shots with my RPL so you can see what I mean about the beam being 'fat'...
Jay
Yes please.And if you can some indoor closeup beam pics with some smoke or something, to really see what you're talking about.
[highlight]If this quality is guaranteed , this would be a much better price than DX.I mean, I dunno who would risk 488 bucks with DX.[/highlight] ::)[/quote]

I'm guessing that the DX one is not IR filtered and most likely under powered. But I have not checked it out. Has anyone bought one of the DX 250mW 'FirePoint' lasers yet? http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13491

I just took a couple of beam shot comparisons with the Standstone11 laser compared with my RPL, and a red Kryton... (using some smoke)

SSbeam1.jpg

SSbeam2.jpg

Here you can see what I am talking about when I say that it has a 'fat' beam. :cool:

So if you want something not necessarily for thin beam divergence, but you just like a really bright beam and lots of power for cheap, I don't think it's a bad deal at all!

One other thing worth mentioning...

This thing doesn't seem to have a warm up time. It just comes on strong right away. My RPL has to be 'warmed up' before it starts putting out max power... I know that they are two completely different laser designs, but I'm just saying that I really like this thing. :)

In these pictures, I made sure my RPL was 'warmed up' and it is putting out about 300mW's here. The open can red is at 279mW's, and the Standstone11 laser is over 400mW's (guessing from my testing - figuring that it is still climbing in power - first 30 seconds)
Jay

Switch

That is really curious, I would guess that the fat beam would make it less bright, but it looks brighter than the RPL, how come? :-? The beam also looks a bit misaligned with the body.How fat is the beam compared to a red diode laser? :-/

jayrob

Yes, the beam is misaligned some... Susie is promising me, that if I am to become a distributor for her, that she would make sure of the alignment issue.

I updated the beam pictures and added a red laser. Also to make sure my RPL was warmed up. I added some more description as well...
Jay

hey JayRob... I am in the US, and I would be VERY interested if you became a distributor.

Not that I dont trust her, but I would rather have a shipment from within the US, and with the proper testing done on the unit before I actually commit to buying.

Does she sell a 200mw version of those by any chance?

They do come with an IR filter as well?

Wow...

djra

I am intrested as well, but I dont mind risking international shipping. how can I get ahold of her (or someone) to purchase one? PM's Welcome!

jayrob

I have been communicating with her, and we are working out the details...

I will be posting a Group Buy soon. We will have to buy at least 6 lasers at a time to get her pricing. I am working out a 3 month warranty deal if I am to be a middle man. Payment will be made to me, and then I place the entire order.

For the U.S. recipients, the lasers can come to me first, and I will test the power before shipping them to you. (U.S. people will have to pay an extra $12 dollars for my shipping)

For those who are not in the U.S., she will get the shipping addresses from me, and send their orders direct! (she has always given me tracking numbers with my orders, so we can get those as well)

I will post back here when I get more details, and when I start the GB thread...
Jay

Looks like we're getting a list of interested buyers already:

happytomato
zaugger
laserman22
djra
New_Reverie
Dr.Laser

jayrob

Got it, I'll keep this list here until I get the details worked out with Susie and then put it in the Group buy thread...
Jay

D

Dr.LaSeR

:eek:
interested..but i can't offer the cost of this laser until 2 weeks

jayrob

This can be a list that keeps growing...

If you don't pay in time for the 1st order, then you can be on the next order. We must order at least 6 at a time.
Jay

Do you know what size the IR pump diode is, i.e. 1.2 Watt, 2.5Watt? Also, what is the MTBF rate for the diode, i.e. >5000 hrs, 80,000 hrs? Thanks...

jayrob

This is the information I have received from her... I understand that we have to order a minimum of 6 at a time, and that they don't have to all be the same power. They can be mixed, but 250mW's and up...
Jay

Attachments

• Standstone11.jpg
    Standstone11.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 114