Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Keyswitches?

Well, the allelectronics link says it mounts in barrels of 0.47" diameter, and since the diameter of an aixiz module is 12mm, which google says is 0.47", and since I've seen pics of people jamming aixiz modules into leadlights, I'd assume that yes, that would fit perfectly in a leadlight.

The only other issues are how far it screws into the base (and if there's enough room left for your batteries afterwards) and, how you're going to attach one of those leads to the casing and the other to the battery.

pseudolobster said:
Well, the allelectronics link says it mounts in barrels of 0.47" diameter, and since the diameter of an aixiz module is 12mm, which google says is 0.47", and since I've seen pics of people jamming aixiz modules into leadlights, I'd assume that yes, that would fit perfectly in a leadlight.

The only other issues are how far it screws into the base (and if there's enough room left for your batteries afterwards) and, how you're going to attach one of those leads to the casing and the other to the battery.
Attaching the on of leads to the casing and one to the battery would not be a problem. The only problem is the threading.
Are the Nova X-Series the same diameter as leadlights?

N

NitroxLasers.com

Spyderz20x6 said:
[quote author=pseudolobster link=1227671374/0#4 date=1227687788]Well, the allelectronics link says it mounts in barrels of 0.47" diameter, and since the diameter of an aixiz module is 12mm, which google says is 0.47", and since I've seen pics of people jamming aixiz modules into leadlights, I'd assume that yes, that would fit perfectly in a leadlight.

Attaching the on of leads to the casing and one to the battery would not be a problem. The only problem is the threading.
Are the Nova X-Series the same diameter as leadlights?[/quote]

Hmm, as far as threading is concerned, I'd imagine either of these solutions might work to achieve a perfect fit.
  • If the keyswitch is slightly smaller, then you could use an o-ring or small rubber grommet to position the keyswitch within the leadlight housing.
  • If the keyswitch is just a hair wider in diameter, you could try dremeling it down slightly so that it fits perfectly within the host.

Then again, I suppose you might also have to deal with the thread diameter discrepancy, so you may need to both file the switch down and add a rubber spacer of sorts.