Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

KD 150mW focusable Baton Style Laser NEW MODEL

mikeeey said:
[quote author=ReaperZ link=1219124350/0#14 date=1220838088]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oGyiK8akRw

mine coming in the post, was tested before being sent out

would that match test speed indicate good power level ?
is that your video or is that a video Kai/DX made showing it's power?
what are all those other red dots all over the person's shirt?[/quote]

its a video my chinese tech made for me to test my laser before sending it over , reason for dots is due to it being in our laser testing factory

Teo128

ReaperZ said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oGyiK8akRw

mine coming in the post, was tested before being sent out

would that match test speed indicate good power level ?

Thanks great video, I love the new design, its big and looks scary.

The Match test shows good power but I wonder how much is green light and how much is infra-red light. I'm looking for a very visible scary laser, I have my dilda 200mw for burning shows.

Someone have beamshots please?

I GOT MY LASER!!!
ill make a review and post more soon!

I had many scares and relieves with this thing, but in the end it's great!

Ok, so I have the laser. I'm very confused. As you know my second order only had batteries. So I requested the third order, it was sent out on the 4th of september, I get the laser today.. hold it.. something is wrong here.. why so fast? was it sent EMS shipping? Am I in a dream right now?
I track my third order on USPS.com to confirm..
Label/Receipt Number: RA82 4854 632H K

Your item left HONG KONG AIR MAIL CENTRE, HONG KONG on September 4, 2008. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

so unless it's not updated yet... could this be my laser from my SECOND ORDER? my original replacement? was the laser itself extremely delayed? I'm I getting ANOTHER FREE laser in the mail within a week (from the third order)???

OK about the laser...
I first got it, put a UltraFire 2400mAh 18650 battery inside, for about 20 minutes it was fine, then i noticed the power started to fade, then it was outputing about 5mW, then less, and less and less... if i pushed the button harder it would work. I also noticed when i unfocused it that it was mode hoping, then it dimmed. I tried the unprotected battery that came with my original laser... same results... I was getting really bummed about this... another broken laser... i was going to go beserk!!!
I then tried 2 of my ultrafire cr123a batteries and it was BRIGHT!!! it worked great!... hm... then i remembered i still had another ultrafire 18650 battery (cuz it was a 2 pack) and it worked great! then I put my other battery in the charger and the  red light turned on.. looks like it needed charging..
I will make a review, post pics..videos.. all that within this week.

Teo128

So it's also possible to use 2 cr123? doesn't it ruin the laser? now the power its right with fully charged 18650?

Teo128 said:
So it's also possible to use  2 cr123? doesn't it ruin the laser? now the power its right with fully charged 18650?
I tried it, it was just as bright as the 18650 battery, and i wouldn't recommend doing it. besides, it doesnt really fit, it's impossible to fully shut the cap.

Kage

Glad to hear you finally got your laser, mikeeey! In fact, I hope they do end up sending you 2, after all the delay.

Does it maintain a steady power level with a fully charged 18650? Mine sure as hell don't. Been thinking of trying to tear it apart and see if something is not right with it, but am afraid I might scratch it up or break something.

Another thing - If I turn the key to the ON position, I can still remove it and use the laser without the key! Do they all do this?

Kage said:
Glad to hear you finally got your laser, mikeeey!  In fact, I hope they do end up sending you 2, after all the delay.

Does it maintain a steady power level with a fully charged 18650?  Mine sure as hell don't.  Been thinking of trying to tear it apart and see if something is not right with it, but am afraid I might scratch it up or break something.

Another thing - If I turn the key to the ON position, I can still remove it and use the laser without the key!  Do they all do this?
strange... but still better than the key type thing I have, I was sent with one that had the old one. it had some sort of problem with protected batteries that pushes the 3 pins back about 2 mm and caused the laser to turn off, I sanded down a set of threads and now it works fine.

my laser does not dim at all, it maintains it's power, unfortunatly it mode hops. not noticable upclose but noticable from a distance. it diverges somewhat quickly due to this. it's a great burner, the beam is bright, I just wish it didn't mode hop.

Kage

I remember the 3 pin tailcap thing. My first one was like that. It too had a steady power level once the button was pressed just right...

I guess we have our answer as far as whether or not it is likely to get a good replacement from KD - NOT! :(

Kage said:
I remember the 3 pin tailcap thing.  My first one was like that.  It too had a steady power level once the button was pressed just right...  

I guess we have our answer as far as whether or not it is likely to get a good replacement from KD - NOT!  :(
well again it isnt really at all bad for upclose stuff, or even pointing into the air. the only way you can notice it is if you stand far away and look at the on-comming beam, or stand next to the dot which is being pointed from afar. Atleast it gives me something more to wish for... a better laser. The worst thing is when you have nothing left to wish for...i mean.. will I get bored of lasers once I finally get a blu-ray? :eek:

mine will get here this week, cant wait

personally hand-tested lasers compared to ordering from mass companies FTW , *anxious*

ReaperZ said:
mine will get here this week, cant wait

personally hand-tested lasers compared to ordering from mass companies FTW , *anxious*
that's really cool that yours was hand tested. where did you order from?

mikeeey said:
[quote author=ReaperZ link=1219124350/20#28 date=1221386905]mine will get here this week, cant wait

that's really cool that yours was hand tested. where did you order from?[/quote]

a contact in china :)

*sigh* it was delivered .. apparently, however it was delivered to the post shop instead of my house ?!?! and the post shop isnt even open at the time it was delivered ... :( :'(