Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

karate

gregw

Hi, I'm looking for an inexpensive laser that is threaded on the back side. I want to screw it into a fixture that gives a repeatable reference point. Only has to give a tight beam for about 30 yards. Help Please :D

Thanks in advance,

Greg

Re: Laser with threaded end needed

Those are major open ended questions.

What size thread?
What fixture?
What exactly are you using it for?
How tight of a beam?
What color do you want to use?

gregw

Thread size doesn't matter
Actually none of those things matter much, if I could find a $5 laser pointer that had the back side threaded, I could make the rest work.

Nearly every laser that uses a flashlight type host is back sided threaded. It where the switch is located.

Just pick up one of the $2 red pointers and unscrew the battery cap at the end. As long as you have something that will complete the circut for the batteries, you'll be all set.

If a $5 laser pen will do the job, could you epoxy it to a bolt or threaded rod suited to mount it to your fixture?

gregw

Great idea, I was thinking external threads, but I can just as easily make the male counterpart. I would be using brass anyway, so that would complete the battery circuit. Thanks