Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just traded for laser genetics nd5

I just traded a friend for a lased genetics nd5. Can someone give me some info on this thing. Any mods out there for it, maybe a stronger diode. I have no idea.

DrSid

Since it's green, there is no simple diode inside. It would not be simple to replace.

DrSid

Where would the dificulty lie then?

Green lasers use modules which consist of IR diode, and two kind of crystals, usually together with some optics. It must all be perfectly aligned. That's why it's usually not disassemblable (that word really exists !).
Most of the time, modding of lasers of any kind simply does not work. Laser is combination of battery, driver, module, optics and host .. all of which have to be tuned together. You replace one part, the rest will still hold it down, or will get damaged.
Anyway .. if you really feel like breaking it, the host looks really nice, it would be interesting to see how it looks inside. Maybe it uses some common green module, which could be replaced for let's say 200mW.

Last edited: