Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just Ordered My First Proper Laser! Comments?

I think I'll go with the Eagle Goggles, I hear a LOY of good things about them and sometimes you just have to spend that extra bit! I might get a tripod too once I have my shades, just a cheap tripod will do I suppose. Any suggestions of where I can get a good tripod from for a good price and shipping that doesn't take months?

I got my tripod from china. So It won't be US shipping. But I paid $7 total and it is a really nice tripod for the price. Surprisingly Rayfoss's shipping isn't that bad as far as Int'l shipping goes. Last item I got from them some time ago took maybe 12 days, which isn't bad at all.

I don't know about the UK but in the US, for me at least, if the international mail is with tracking, it's never left at the door. I get a notice and have to pick it up from the post office.

In the UK, if you're not using a selected delivery service (e.g.DHL, Parcel Force, UPS...) then it comes through Royal Mail and they slip a note in for any undelivered parcels. Also, its very very rare for someone to leave a parcel outside a house because I think they could probably loose thier job if they did! So yeah not a UK thing :p On the other hand, tracked post does the same thing really, except they get you to sign if you're there.

Quick question - some people say that their package arrived in as little as 11 days and sometimes 8 days. Are they saying 'x' amount of days from when they ordered the laser or when their order was "shipped"? Because for me tomorrow (or today rather, considering the time!) marks the 11th day from which I ordered and the 8th day from which it was shipped :)

Quick question - some people say that their package arrived in as little as 11 days and sometimes 8 days. Are they saying 'x' amount of days from when they ordered the laser or when their order was "shipped"? Because for me tomorrow (or today rather, considering the time!) marks the 11th day from which I ordered and the 8th day from which it was shipped :)

They meant from the time of order.

I actually picked up my latest order from lazerer today.

Order placed on the 5th, and note was left for me on tuesday or wednesday of this week( I don't remember which day).

My other orders were also fairly quick, always in under three weeks.

At the same time... ordered from o-like on November first... this is the response I got today, after inquiring about the status:

The day after tomorrow will be shipped ,our 635nm diodes is in stock already

Considering "day after tomorrow" is a saturday, this means they won't ship it until the 21st:undecided:

Last edited:
They meant from the time of order.

I actually picked up my latest order from lazerer today.

Order placed on the 5th, and note was left for me on tuesday or wednesday of this week( I don't remember which day).

My other orders were also fairly quick, always in under three weeks.

At the same time... ordered from o-like on November first... this is the response I got today, after inquiring about the status:

Considering "day after tomorrow" is a saturday, this means they won't ship it until the 21st:undecided:

Everything I've heard about o-like now has put me off! Doesn't really bother me any more now that I can use Lazerer :)

As of tomorrow it's exactly 2 weeks from when I ordered the laser. Surely it should be here by then!! I'll get used to this eventually, just gotta give a noob some time ;)

As of tomorrow it's exactly 2 weeks from when I ordered the laser. Surely it should be here by then!! I'll get used to this eventually, just gotta give a noob some time ;)

I checked on the status of my order with o-like three times today... still "Processing":banghead:

I checked on the status of my order with o-like three times today... still "Processing":banghead:

Seriously? I thought they were once one of the "Laser Vendor Giants"... Ah, I'm happy with lazerer anyway so either way I'm not bothered neither am I affected :p Oh by the way, what laser are you waiting on from o-like? Post a link if you can :)

Hopefully you guys both get your lasers fast! And Infinitus I like the host, did you get silver or black? I personally think silver looks better.

Last edited:
I got the silver one... actually specifically emailed them to make sure it's the silver one... If I get the black one... will not be a happy camper. The black finish is nice, but it doesn't hold up as well... scratches are MUCH more visible on it.

Btw, got an email about two hours ago, that it finally shipped.

So ordered on the 1st, shipped on the 21st... we'll see when I actually get it, and what it LPMs at.

Last edited:
Thats not very good that they just shipped it. :tsk: The laser better be up to spec and the exact one you ordered. Hopefully you get it fast!

I got the silver one... actually specifically emailed them to make sure it's the silver one... If I get the black one... will not be a happy camper. The black finish is nice, but it doesn't hold up as well... scratches are MUCH more visible on it.

Btw, got an email about two hours ago, that it finally shipped.

So ordered on the 1st, shipped on the 21st... we'll see when I actually get it, and what it LPMs at.

Seriously? I can't believe that they actually took almost a month's length ... Wow!!

Thats not very good that they just shipped it. :tsk: The laser better be up to spec and the exact one you ordered. Hopefully you get it fast!

I second that :D

Got home today to find no note or anything ... :banghead: ... its annoying me because I read all about these reviews about "arrived in a week" or "came just under 14 days" and it gets my hopes up :cryyy: ... Tomorrow is the third day this week that I've been waiting so ummmm third time lucky maybe?

I thought that was just an American mail thing? My house is on a main road, with a shop opposite so there's lots of people with the open choice to take my laser if they just simply leave it... :cryyy:

Say to give it one of your neighbours... or just get it delivered to someone you can trust.. or even get it delivered to the shop next door? If you tell them I'm sure they will take care of it.

They might not be though.. they probably don't want responsibility if its lost.

Or just say if no one home please leave at the local post office.

You know the actual ones like in Spar.. or One Stop. Not the depot where you can collect it, because they close at 12.30 and you can't collect it after that time.

...Well UK is an island:undecided:

How long has it been since you ordered? (You probably mentioned above, but I'm feeling lazy:p)