Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just had to share this - Merry Christmas

Wouldn't you love to work with a laser like this one?

I've been away from the forum for quite a while. I'm going to do some reading and probably going to grab something new for my collection. I have missed it a lot!

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Glad to have you back and posting again, Tom! :)
Thanks for the video, I never get tired of watching these!

Thanks, I have been looking around at the forum. It looks a lot different. I notice no Lazeerer! That's a blow. Also it looks like everyone buys SanWu lasers and pretty much that is it these days? Where are the custom builds and all that ?

I'm gonna have to upgrade and get me some of these insane 5-7 watt beasts that were imaginary things back in the day. Seems like time for a big waste of money - LOL. Most of my old lasers are in condition I'd be embarrassed to sell. It seemed like there would always be some mod or some lens thing I wanted to do and the next thing that I knew the spread on the lens was bad or there was something not right.

My favorite build of all, a 1.7 Blue got taken apart to help a friend with a driver and is still sitting in parts. I need to at least put it back together. I still have a couple of RHD reds and some Chinese greens that function pretty well.

Sadly, some of my better/more expensive greens (the RPL's) haven't held up as well as some of the cheap Chinese stuff and custom builds. And I never bought anything from Angelo so I missed out on that.

Gonna have to get some SanWu I guess. :)

Last edited:
Glad to have you back again, Tom. I've seen lasers like this one many times. They are a marvel to behold. You can still get custom made hosts, but sinner is no longer active here. I really do miss his wonderful hosts and have many among my handheld lasers in my collection.

When you say Sinner is no longer active, you can still order SanWu from the site and it is reliable though, right? Gosh, I feel like a noob again - so much has changed.

I still have a whole area set up for flowing SMD's back when I thought that a couple of us where going to make the next latest greatest driver that would go 4 amps and last for 10 years. LOL Building our own laser power meters. Still have one or two of those in a drawer. I was so proud of that!

Every now and then I will fire up my soldering work station and fix a christmas light string and be the neighborhood electronic geek hero for the day, or fire up one of the 500 mw greens and people think I'm Luke Skywalker - but mostly I just leave the door to that room closed. And to think of the Oscilloscope I "needed" so bad!

Ha ha!

Having kids changes the world drastically. I still have most of my stuff in various boxes and drag them out from time to time, but mostly they sit around unused. But I think that I'd like to get a couple of really nice lasers and just take care of them and use them, not hack them open and ruin them trying to make them better.

Sinner was the member in Dubai that machined all sorts of handheld hosts for sale here. I have his MS Envy and two MS-SSW-II and a full copper MS Cyprus II. I bought 6 of his Envy hosts. He always did such great work and his prices were not very high at all. Many people here love Sanwu lasers, but I am not among them. The stainless steel hosts that they have used has terrible thermal conductivity. They are so bad that even a copper heat sink inside cannot release heat into the air because steel is so bad at absorbing heat and, therefore, releasing it too.