Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just got my 303 laser but it has a ring around the dot ?

damenz

Hey, one of my 303 lasers arrived today and i just tried it and realized a ring around the dot. Is it normal ?
Also i cant see the beam rly at day time... and it burns nothing but according YT videos it burns some stuff like the plastic of the battery charger. I aimed there but didnt worked. No smoke nothing.

Maybe i have to adjust the "focus". I gonna give it a try in a min. But i dunno if the ring is normal or not

Edit: Nvm. I had really to make the dot bigger so i had to increase the focus. Now i can burn stuff. But what is the ring thing around the dot.

Last edited:

GSS

Unfortunately the add's for these green 303 make them look like monster burners:(
It doesn't mean you can't have a little fun but they only run from anywhere from 40mw to 80mw.
Just saw it looks like you found the tight focus spot to burn which is usually about 3 inches from the tip before the beam starts to spread out again.
You can pop some dark balloons, melt some black tape and light black tip matches.
The ring could be a bunch of reasons, such as a dirty or dusty lens causing that artifact. Do not try cleaning it just yet as it's a plastic lens and 99% of the time trying to clean it makes it worse. You can try using a tooth pic and scrape the out corners where the lens meets the barrel inside. That's if you can fit it??

Last edited:
These lasers are very cheap on eBay. You can find them for as little as $6.00 each. It is hardly worth your trouble to try to fix it. I would purchase 2 or 3 more. You will end up with a good one.

damenz

After my first topic where i asked for laser pointer suggestions, i ordered 3 of these 303 lasers already. So i wont order another 3x XD. I should be rly fine with 3. I wonder when the next 2 arrive. Probably tomorrow

Reactions: GSS