Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just got a 803T whats the better driver?

randomlugia said:
Acually, it doesn't matter. The current decides. Either way, 150mA will kill it in the same amount of time. Trust me, it will not last a long time at 150mA. I say stay at 100mA or lower, or 110mA with a good heatsink. That is if you want it to last.

You've just inspired me to keep a 150mA 803t journal! :D

Benm

I wonder how long it will actually last.. but your luck may vary much between diodes, just as with the red ones. I'm not entirely sure what the rated CW power of these diodes is, but its probably much less than 100 mW.

Still going strong - it's a Side Button Pocket Pal style build, using a Viclight and one of Jayrob's heatsinks.  Flexdrive powering it off 3 AAAs at 150mA.
The diode is seated in the Aixiz module with Arctic Silver, and the joint between the Aixiz module and the heatsink is filled with Arctic Silver too.
Heat is not an issue at all, although I concede that there might be other forces besides heat that may lead to this diode's failure.

I'm doing another build tonight, but will probably drive it at just 75mA - making a blu-ray spirograph box for a New Year's Eve party.  There will be a fog machine.  :)

Doing a red time tunnel / liquid sky build too.  And maybe have some way to shine my green LED Shoppe 50mW into either box...