Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just finished my kryton gitd

Alright I got a ton of pictures with it but bare with me as I'm not great with build post so I'll do best I can , hope this helps anyone who's new at building a kryton host cause its my 3 rd build but a real build for me anyway, so I'll start with the parts list.

Host provided by Grainde !

DTR
9mm 445 diode
2.4 A X-Drive
405 g-2 lens

Flamingpyro
Copper heat sinks
16.8 mm battery contact w/ spring and neg and pos leads
9mm diode press tool

Lighthound
2x 18350

Gorilla glue epoxy
Artic silver thermal adhesive.

Ooh the 9mm goodness

Alright first thing was getting the diode pressed In to the heat sink of the host, I had to rotate and make sure it was perfectly flat cause first run the laser was not straight, but I got it close so I'm happy with it.

Next was soldering the driver to the diode.

Okay so next step I did was battery contact which I initially put the contact board from battery side trying to cut corners but didn't like all the pressure on the springs so put it in through the top and epoxied to the host just on the non contact part of the battery, now here's where I made a mistake, I used solder to make a negative from the board to the wall of the host and worked twice then it Stopped working so that explains all the extra heat shrink from trial and error:( so I took Grainde 's advice and used a small drill bit and made a hole through the side of the contact board and the lip inside separating the two compartments and use a tiny screw I think you can see in the picture, sorry guys my camera sucks . So now after that I checked the continuity with my DC motor and working great.

Next I used some thermal adhesive and stuck my copper heat sink which I decided to use since I had two on hand, not that I needed one since I do short duty cycles.

Okay now I'm ready to install the battery and fire it up. Hope it works!

[/URL

And a success! I learned a lot on this build just from trial and error with the battery contact and negative lead .its not pretty inside from extra heat shrink but I'm happy!

[URL=http://s77.photobucket.com/user/johndboi/media/kryton%20groove/033_zpsdd46fa9a.jpg.html]

Oh and just got my sinner's XL all copper host which I'll build after the holidays cause I'm planning on using DTR's

NDB7A75 445nm Laser Diode In Copper Module W/3.5A X-drive & 405-G-2 Lens
:D

Last edited:

Good job mate! Thanks for posting these pics this is a big help for me especially. I will definitely get some driver heat sinks from Flaminpyro as well.

My Krytons are on their way. Its not exactly the easiest first build but they're just so darn purty! I am saving for the 1.4W 520 diode at the moment.
Cheers, good work.

Great build and very nice tutorial for those wishing to try themselves!:) Would give some rep, but I have to spread some first...:beer:

Thanks guys! Yeah it was a great learning experience with this one, feel more confident with future builds with limited space like this one. Big thanks to DTR and Flamingpyro , and of course the seller of the host Grainde.