Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just another sub.

Stupid

New here. Already decided to stick around so I paid for the subscription.
I've read a lot of post made on this forum. One thing I've noticed is that some members that have been around for awhile have very little patience and act like dicks. Probably the result of being asked the same stupid question about a million times. Understandably annoying. Whatever. Should be happy about people asking stupid questions. It keeps them from doing stupid things. By the way, my username is stupid. You could say that all my questions will be "stupid questions". No, I don't do stupid things. I have eye protection.

Last edited:

Welcome Stupid.
I am glad to know you have eye protection, it really is the most important part of this hobby, the rest you will learn in time, so take it light and enjoy.

gazer101

Being scolded at is a small price to pay for an otherwise expensive lesson (had you not asked)... especially when it comes to circuitry!

Quite the original intro, Stupid. :)
I think you are correct in the annoyance of some people to rudimentary questions, and not searching it first. I also think it might be an issue with uninformed posters not accepting criticism or suggestions.
Most simpler topics have already been discussed somewhere here on the forums, if you can find them..

Stupid

Nice intro and language..
Before shooting "stupid" questions, please use search feature.
Just calling it as I see it. Some peoples ego's are overtly inflated. Knowledge is to be shared and passed on. Not to be used to degrade people because they are not up to date in their specific area. Doesn't mean they are idiot's. Lazy, yes. There are some. Doesn't mean they are idiots. Everyone has something to teach. The person that thinks they know it all are the true idiots.
I've been a reader for a long time. Finally decided to sign up. I wanted to help support the site. "Language"? Is that a compliment? Is there a preference? Are you referring to my vernacular? Are you making a joke? Not quite sure what you mean.
If it's an attempt to insult me, it didn't work. It's not to sort of welcome I would expect from a "staff" member.
Yes. I used the search feature and could not find any answers to my questions.
I made "stupid" my username because that's how certain members treat new subs. They probably think they are being hard asses. They're not. Big difference between being a hard ass and a rude asshole.
I write, publish and debate reports and issues in politics and national security. I deal with rude assholes all the time. Not the sort of thing I would expect here..
I'm here for these specific reasons. 1. Support everything laser related. 2. Gain some knowledge. 3. Meet laser like minded people. (People that enjoy lasers). 4. I use lasers in some of my work in photography. People might like to see some of the results of my work. I have a project that involves a specific type of laser that I need to build. It's a new concept in the medical/health field of work. Not even sure if anyone has ever made the laser I want to make. 5. Stay updated on laser safety, laws and regulations . 6. Enjoy myself.

"Stupid questions keep stupid people from doing stupid things"

Thanks for the response.

Stupid

Quite the original intro, Stupid. :)
I think you are correct in the annoyance of some people to rudimentary questions, and not searching it first. I also think it might be an issue with uninformed posters not accepting criticism or suggestions.
Most simpler topics have already been discussed somewhere here on the forums, if you can find them..
Thank you for the reply.
After awhile it would get annoying when people ask the same questions where the answers can be found with the search feature. People tend to be lazy.
People tend to be a little touchy , freely these days.
I have 0 patients to people asking questions. Surely I would be exactly like the old school members that can be so critical.
I just realized I'm being a hypocritical, which isn't cool.
Now I'm questing a response I left to another person. Perhaps I shouldn't have even brought the topic up in my intro. I can be a d%#k sometimes. Not my intention.
Thanks again for your reply

Anthony P

The search function on this site is practically useless. If, however, you use a google search it will often direct you to the appropriate LPF threads.

New here. Already decided to stick around so I paid for the subscription.
I've read a lot of post made on this forum. One thing I've noticed is that some members that have been around for awhile have very little patience and act like dicks. Probably the result of being asked the same stupid question about a million times. Understandably annoying. Whatever. Should be happy about people asking stupid questions. It keeps them from doing stupid things. By the way, my username is stupid. You could say that all my questions will be "stupid questions". No, I don't do stupid things. I have eye protection.
Well, That's Just Stupid!..... Get it? :D