Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jetlaser PL-E Pro beam adjustment

N8XYN

I've noticed that since I recieved my 5 watt laser I can't narrow the beam at any point only widen it. Is that normal for this laser and if not anyone know how to correct it without a baem expander which I am considering.

Thanks before hand

The focus is internal (only found in JLs)
So you get x number of turns- the two 'extremes' are what you have to work with... The diodes were not designed with 'us' in mind- the round dot(TEMo) lasers are rare-
The BE will 'change' to beam --making it FAT and tapering down --there will be a 'sweet spot' where it gradually becomes fat again.
Some describe this as 'shortening' the distance to the'sweet spot''.
JL is doing a Group Buy- ending soon. you save $30 in shipping .
details coming PM.

hak (ohio)

N8XYN

The focus is internal (only found in JLs)
So you get x number of turns- the two 'extremes' are what you have to work with... The diodes were not designed with 'us' in mind- the round dot(TEMo) lasers are rare-
The BE will 'change' to beam --making it FAT and tapering down --there will be a 'sweet spot' where it gradually becomes fat again.
Some describe this as 'shortening' the distance to the'sweet spot''.
JL is doing a Group Buy- ending soon. you save $30 in shipping .
details coming PM.

hak (ohio)

The focus on this laser doesn't make a full turn maybe 3/4 turn and goes from slowly widening to rapidly widening. There's no point where it narrows down to a point. This caught my attnetion because I'm ordering an engraver that's 5 watts and if the beam from it were equally as wide it would be useless to me.

Try this..
Adjust the focus to smallest 'DOT' then move laser closer to the target. Your idea of small dot might be unrealistic. For that want 1W 405nm--list is ~$350-plus $38 (approx)
at JL GB these are discounted to ~$200 and $8 (approx) to ship to CONUS from Tx. fasted burner smallest 'dot'
hk