Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jetbeam E3S Review (image-heavy)

Trevor

Jetbeam E3S - Review

Background

I saw the deal thread and this looked like a pretty useful light. I wanted something small that could put out a lot of light, and that's exactly what this turned out to be.

I've never reviewed a light before. If you want me to add things, please let me know. Bear with me. :)

The Package

The light arrived in a non-padded envelope. Fortunately, the gift box allowed it to survive the journey. I don't have the envelope handy - I gave it to my roommate. I give him any documents I get that have Chinese and English translations on them. He's learning the language, and that sort of thing helps. Anyway, photo:

01.jpg

Inside the box was a warranty card.

02.jpg

...that appears to technically not do me any good.

03.jpg

And finally, the light!

04.jpg

The little baggy has an extra O-ring.

Host

I'm not actually sure what to call this section, so I called it "Host." "Build" maybe? Anyway. The light looks great, and feels really sturdy.

05.jpg

In this next image you can also see the instructions on the forward part (the pill area? :eek: ) that say which way to twist the head for the high and low output.

06.jpg

...and a closeup of the logo for good measure.

07.jpg

I forget what sort of emitter this light has, but it looks pretty good (I'm a terrible flashaholic, sorry. :( ).

08.jpg

...and the tail clicky. This light can tailstand (See?! Flashlight-ey vocabulary!).

09.jpg

Finally, here's an exploded version with the AA power source.

10.jpg

Output

Like I said, I've never reviewed a light before. So here's a graph of the output on the high setting over sixty seconds.

11.jpg

I was actually pleasantly surprised to get a reading.

Divergence

This section is irrelevant, but since I usually review lasers I thought I'd throw this in for the fun of it. It is highly divergent. That is all. ;)

Conclusions

It's a pricey but nice-looking, nice-feeling, and bright light. Overall a great pocket light. Besides, if it bites the dust I can always put a laser in it, right? :p

-Trevor

3zuli

we want beamshots! :D
btw it's interesting to test flashlight's output on LPM ;)

Last edited:
Nice review, I think you got the R4 version! Beamshots would be awesome, as well as a shot of the light in your hand, so we get an idea for how big it is. I'm assuming the graph measures from a cold start?

Trevor

we want beamshots! :D
btw it's interesting to test flashlight's output on LPM ;)

Tonight I'll work on figuring out some camera settings to take good beamshots.

As for the power graph... I wasn't sure what else to do. :p

Nice review, I think you got the R4 version! Beamshots would be awesome, as well as a shot of the light in your hand, so we get an idea for how big it is. I'm assuming the graph measures from a cold start?

I'll work on beamshots and take that picture for scale. The graph is indeed from a cold start. :)

-Trevor

That looks super close to the Trustfire F22.

Nice looking host. Let's see some shots of it !