Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I've moved to Imgur... testing an image post.

I just created an Imgur account, so this is a trial to see how it goes and to confirm that everyone can see my images? See what size you all prefer? Thank you all for the feedback and help. I may go mad and start a Flickr account to run along side my Photobucket and Imgur. Hoping to upload plenty this year now life is back on track :)

These are without resizing...
Rm8FA58.jpg

qjDVwwe.jpg

:crackup:

800 X 600 maybe? How is it looking to you all?

GJGcmvh.jpg

Or maybe 1280 X 1024? (Leaning towards this now as a preference)
OY66rBa.jpg

Thanks everyone.
:beer:

Seems to work... I think...:thinking:
Your pics are 4.5 screens wide which
makes your text that wide as well.
You can easily resize them to the LPF
default of 800 X 600 pixels.:beer:

Jerry

Last edited:

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Awesome pictures. :D I think the 1280 X 1024 is the best balance, not so massive that is flows off the screen like the first two, but big enough to see much detail.

I'm viewing them on a 21" 1080p monitor.

What camera/lens setup did you use for the picture of the bee on the flower? :D

Last edited:
Thanks Jerry. On my 1600 X 900 23" I can see all of them. They all fit at 100% zoom on the forum. Oddly to me the resized 1280 X 1024 is identical in size to the standard images. I'll see if I can upload in 1280 X 1024 from now on though for everyone. Ears and eggs I used a Casio EX F1 with a Raynox DCR-250 Macro converter. I really want to try the 250 Macro on one of my Nikon's kit lenses. The image would be awesome if it works. I just need to find the time. Work, the home, relationships, bills etc ... everything just gets right in the way, you all know how it is :D

Encap

Welcome back--as Jerry mentioned the LPF default size of 800X600 looks best and allows everyone to see what you post easily.

The larger sizes are annoying like typing in all bold capitals
If anyone need to see a huge in your face version of a photo for any real reason they can easily do same on most any machine.

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I just realized that the "Responsive LPF" forum theme automatically resizes them. I wonder if this could be applied to the other themes? Would make it easy to embed photos and keep the high resolution for people that wanted to see the detail without completely messing up the page for people with smaller screens. I usually do not use the Responsive theme and just stumbled on that by chance, usually I use the light "Default Style" theme.

I suppose it depends on exactly what you are trying to show. The smaller photo is fine for images that are descriptive like of a driver or a host. You don't need all that resolution for these. Even some beam shot are fine in the smaller format as there doesn't need to be a lot of resolution to see the beam. For photos where that resolution is necessary, then of course, the larger format is better.

I'm usually on an iPhone checking LPF .
I can't view the threads that have such large images on them because the writing then becomes impossible to read so I have to try and resize the whole screen.
This makes it very difficult to view the images.
I usually don't bother viewing or replying,
If I present an image,it's always in 800px so that everyone can view.
That way you get responses from the members from all types of screen sizes.
There's plenty of detail in an 800px image.
People always just view and/or comment and then move on.
They're not going to love the image more because it's 3000+ px big.
Anyway that's my opinion and I always enjoy images that are around 800px or so,
It makes the forum flow nicely then.

RB
:beer:

You can easily attach pic files to posts or
resize them to add to the posts...

If you really want to show those HUGE pics
then just Link to them. The members that
really want to see those HUGE detailed pics
can then do it.

BTW.. the 800 X 600 pic you resized is just
perfect. The one under it is just a bit large
but workable.

Jerry

Last edited:
Thanks guys. My browser must be resizing the forum for me. On my screen the 800 X 600 seems a bit small. I'll post in 800 X 600 resized for my usual beamshots from now on :beer: hopefully everyone will enjoy them. If anyone wants to find my Imgur, my Imgur name is Aardvark777 to match my LPF name, and I've got around 80 pictures up already. The rain has been non stop and I'm due in work for 0545 tomorrow so cannot go out and take pics tonight... but soon I plan to use a flood as a reflective surface for a beamshot if the water levels stay up. Cheers for the feedback everyone :D