Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

It's been a while

Welcome back Eud!

Sharp also has 505nm diodes out, though they're case + and a pain to work with.

You missed out on two small waves of other diodes from sharp, clocking in the 473-480nm range (this time last year) and a bit later on some diodes in the 492-495nm range. Now it seems the new ones clock in 486-492nm. All of them I believe were supposed to be the 488s.

Sharp is also developing 525nm diodes... Not too exciting alone, but once that's done they plan to make 4-pin diodes with 3 emitters, R-G-B. We may need to find some better lenses for those.

As mentioned above, there are also the optlasers yellow DPSS at 565nm and 575nm. Those are also case positive... Not sure about the others here, but I would like some electrically isolated heatsinks... Though understandably not easy to do

Last edited:

Welcome back Eudaimonium! :)
Don't know if you're into football, but good luck with the world cup later. :beer:
Haha, thank you.
I'll be working on my game but I'll find out the result of today's match by the amount of car honking, fireworks and gunfire outside my window, anyway. Like 2 previous times.

Welcome back Eud!

Sharp also has 505nm diodes out, though they're case + and a pain to work with.

You missed out on two small waves of other diodes from sharp, clocking in the 473-480nm range (this time last year) and a bit later on some diodes in the 492-495nm range. Now it seems the new ones clock in 486-492nm. All of them I believe were supposed to be the 488s.

Sharp is also developing 525nm diodes... Not too exciting alone, but once that's done they plan to make 4-pin diodes with 3 emitters, R-G-B. We may need to find some better lenses for those.

As mentioned above, there are also the optlasers yellow DPSS at 565nm and 575nm. Those are also case positive... Not sure about the others here, but I would like some electrically isolated heatsinks... Though understandably not easy to do

Oh hi, always nice to see another familiar face :)

Thanks so much for the update. Reading all these unknown 3-digit numbers makes me excited, if a bit afraid for my bank account balance.

Good to be back.

You wouldn't happen to have a handy compilation of all available diodes and their driving current, voltage requirements and optical output, would you? :p

Last edited:

Gazen

Sweet, thank you! (Didn't actually expect somebody compiled such a neat list)

Unless c0ld replaced the infamous search functionality on these forums with something new, I'll stick to the google search bar still embedded at the bottom of the page.

The search is still bad, but if you look up “diode list” on the google bar the link I provided would have been one of the first results.

:beer:

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Haha, thank you.
I'll be working on my game but I'll find out the result of today's match by the amount of car honking, fireworks and gunfire outside my window, anyway. Like 2 previous times.

Oh hi, always nice to see another familiar face :)

Thanks so much for the update. Reading all these unknown 3-digit numbers makes me excited, if a bit afraid for my bank account balance.

Good to be back.

You wouldn't happen to have a handy compilation of all available diodes and their driving current, voltage requirements and optical output, would you? :p

This might be helpful:

https://laserpointerforums.com/f44/list-diodes-100402.html

Remember the search button

Hey Eud, this recently updated wavelength thread created by CurtisOliver might also be of interest to you also, it's pretty comprehensive.

https://laserpointerforums.com/f44/updated-wavelength-thread-103010.html

Reactions: GSS

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks for the thread mention Jeff. :beer:
Oh, and congratulations Eud and to Croatia. You knocked us out. :cryyy: :beer:

Last edited:
Thanks for the thread mention Jeff. :beer:
Oh, and congratulations Eud and to Croatia. You knocked us out. :cryyy: :beer:
Indeed, the info compiled there will take me some time to chew through, it's quite comprehensive.

As for the football, heh yeah thanks. :beer: This is the highest we have ever ranked in World Cup. Pretty big news. People are going crazy over here.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Yes I bet. :p It’s also a big thing this year for England too as that’s the best we’ve done for a long time. Now thanks to you, we’ll have to try and settle for third place. :na: I wish you luck against France. Enjoy the moment. :beer:

Glad to see you now have a list of the new diodes and other lasers available since last you were here, Eud. Now you will have to choose which will be your first new build here. So very many to choose from. There are some new boost drivers that come in handy for many of these high Vf diodes from astralist. Check out his new Pico drivers.

Glad to see you now have a list of the new diodes and other lasers available since last you were here, Eud. Now you will have to choose which will be your first new build here. So very many to choose from. There are some new boost drivers that come in handy for many of these high Vf diodes from astralist. Check out his new Pico drivers.
Thank you, I could use some info about new actual drivers. Some of these things take over 20 Watts of input power, I'm really curious what kind of driver will power this, while still being able to fit in a flashlight-sized host.
EDIT - As for the first build... hmm that 490nm thing looks exotic enough. After that, probably gonna go for that 7W blue thing just to satisfy the power hunger.

Last edited:
You wouldn't expect to find the input power on a laser diode driver. They are all rated by current and the forward voltage, especially for boost drivers that need to supply up to 7 volts from a 3.7 volt battery. The boost drivers that astralist sells are ~$15.00 plus shipping, so it is best to buy those in quantity as the shipping is ~$16.00 for tracked shipping. Many drivers are between $30.00 and $40.00, just for the driver with shipping costs on top of that.