Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

It's been a while

Hi.

It's been 3 years since my last post here, even more since I was active in any sort of capacity.
I am missing this hobby, and thinking of perhaps re-acquainting myself with it. Starting with this forum.

I see a lot of new faces here, so hi everybody. Name's Eud. I'm from Croatia.

I used to run a machine shop here, making heatsinks and all but I've removed the links from my signature... for the time being.

I could do with a quick sum-up of some important stuff, such as links to buy/order various stuff, reputable sellers, recent forum happenings I should know about?
Last I know, O-like was a good place to get cheap green lasers and misc parts. DX for misc flashlights, hosts and "office supplies" of laser hobby.

DTR used to run a shop with some great stuff at great prices. What's the current situation like?

Man I'm feeling lost just like a decade ago when my account was fresh. If you could help me get up to speed, that'd be great! :beer:

EDIT - Also, rep system appears to be new? People didn't use to have dozens of thousands-Edit, scratch that, hundreds of millions- of rep AFAIK.

Last edited:

Gazen

Nice to meet you Eud:D

DTR is still going strong, he has some new diodes like a recently released sharp cyan.

We also just got cheap 565 and 575nm yellows from optlasers, but they are out of stock currently.

Jetlasers and sanwu are the best we have right now, bitlasers and a few others I’ve heard used to be here are gone. Dragonlasers has an iffy reputation but the cheapest 589s, and laser glow has good customer service but high prices. Not sure if this is any different than from when you were here.

Nice to have you back, I’d love another machinist.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome back, been a long time, you're correct there's lots of new faces here, but many of the old ones too!

Lots of new diodes and wavelengths to pick from now, stop by DTR's site and take a look at what he's got.

"Jetlasers" is still a great company, and a new one since you left is "Sanwu", they're another great company.

The rep system is the same one, it's just went crazy, you can now get more reps in a day than you could in a year! :yh:

Check your rep now, see what I mean! ;)

Jeff

Last edited:
Nice to meet you Eud:D

I’ll add some links soon

Hi, and thanks!

Welcome back, been a long time, you're correct there's lots of new faces here, but many of the old ones too!

Lots of new diodes and wavelengths to pick from now, stop by DTR's site and take a look at what he's got.

The rep system is the same one, it's just went crazy, you can now get more reps in a day than you could in a year! :yh:

Check your rep now, see what I mean! ;)

Jeff

Hi, Jeff, thanks for the welcome.

Huh let's see.

490 nm? For fifty bucks? You're kidding...
Seven Watt blues?
1 Watt greens?
Okay yeah, I missed a lot.

And yes rep system is insane. Thanks!

EDIT - Why does my text contain a lot of blank new lines suddenly?

Last edited:

GSS

Oh my how are you?:)
Don't know if you were here with Eitan and Sci Fi lasers being driven out for scamming everyone..
Lifetime17 is making some great host's and builds...
The rep system is going crazy with fun..:):)

Reply to your edit,

Not sure if this is any different than from when you were here.

Nice to have you back, I’d love another machinist.

Man, I don't even recognize most of those wavelength numbers. Things are quite different.

Should I get my lathe operational again, I'd love to produce some sinks for you all.

What are currently popular hosts? Where do you get them from?

What about drivers?

Last edited:

Gazen

Reply to your edit,

Man, I don't even recognize most of those wavelength numbers. Things are quite different.

Should I get my lathe operational again, I'd love to produce some sinks for you all.

What are currently popular hosts? Where do you get them from?

What about drivers?

Survivallasers and lifetime17 produce most of the hosts I’ve seen lately. There’s also a new member called trinh hong phuoc who’s done a few builds recently.

A member called Astralist created some new drivers last year, they seem fairly popular for their price. Here’s a thread on them.

https://laserpointerforums.com/f67/astral-driver-boost-buck-sepic-100745.html

There’s also DTR, survivallasers, and some eBay sources that I’m not familiar with.

Last edited:
Survivallasers and lifetime17 produce most of the hosts I’ve seen lately. There’s also a new member called trinh hong phuoc who has built some hosts recently.
Very good, but I meant premade hosts, flashlight shells.
We used to order it from DealExtreme... quickly checks if that even exists anymore ... Oh that still exists! There was this other alternative to DX I can't seem to remember anymore.

EDIT: @Bowtie, Woah Jetlasers's PL-E thing is ***y. I need it. Any reviews of the PL-E models lately?

Last edited:
Survivallaser has a few empty flashlight hosts.
https://www.survivallaser.com/Host_Assemblies/cat556089_826119.aspx

Did you mean just normal flashlights that you can machine a heatsink for, or something like what survivallaser has?

Hey, Survival is still around! I think I did some heatsinks for them before...

Anyway, well take a look at my old shop, the heatsinks were made for empty flashlights we all commonly had a name for, like "C6" or "XM-L2" or "C3",

https://laserpointerforums.com/f64/eudaimonium-s-machine-shop-73749.html

Last edited:
There are many new wavelengths at very inexpensive prices since last you posted here. As was also stated, we have gotten some very inexpensive DPSS yellow lasers from a company in China called OPT Lasers. I have spent a lot of time binning diodes by wavelength for members who wish to sell specific wavelength diodes. You might notice I have a 488nm argon and a 488nm single mode diode laser in my signature. All these new wavelengths are not only possible, but affordable too. And, to get you back in the swing.....+ Rep. :D

Last edited:
There are many new wavelengths at very inexpensive prices since last you posted here. As was also stated, we have gotten some very inexpensive DPSS yellow lasers from a company in China called OPT Lasers. I have spent a lot of time binning diodes by wavelength for members who wish to sell specific wavelength diodes. You might notice I have a 488nm argon and a 488nm single mode diode laser in my signature. All these new wavelengths are not only possible, but affordable too. And, to get you back in the swing.....+ Rep. :D
Thank you.

One thing hasn't changed. This place is where disposable income comes to die.

Thank you.

One thing hasn't changed. This place is where disposable income comes to die.

:crackup: That is for sure. I have spent more on test equipment than I did when I was still working. Still buying more diodes and drivers.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome back Eudaimonium! :)
Don't know if you're into football, but good luck with the world cup later. :beer: