Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

it is legal to.....

I didn't hear a SINGLE firecracker, rocket, whatever... I guess they ARE cracking down...

Come to think of it, LAST year, I only heard fireworks ONCE...

Thats sad, and Fd up. You are suppose to be allowed to celebrate your counties independence. I've never seen anyone get busted for fireworks on the 4th of July. And I've been to some huge displays. It should be a constitutional right to celebrate using fireworks. Its been a tradition for over 1000 years to use fireworks for a celebration, an the US has been using them since 1777.

Thats sad, and Fd up. You are suppose to be allowed to celebrate your counties independence. I've never seen anyone get busted for fireworks on the 4th of July. And I've been to some huge displays. It should be a constitutional right to celebrate using fireworks. Its been a tradition for over 1000 years to use fireworks for a celebration, an the US has been using them since 1777.

T_J;

The laws in Texas are of course debatable and subjective. Some are for them, some are against them.

Aside from that, there are also rules attached to signing a lease in my apartment complex. No noise after a certain time, no barbecuing close to the stairwells/apartments (a lot of wood in the construction). And here is a new one that they put into effect about 3 years ago... NO putting out cigarettes on the apartment grounds ("stomping them out"). = Eviction. The staff is under orders to report it. There HAVE been fires.

Anyone who SIGNS a lease WITH RULES and breaks them has no excuse.

This area in Texas is ALWAYS in severe drought EVERY summer. ALL of the grass is yellow and dead, there isn't much that is green except for a few hardy weeds.

The guy that was throwing firecrackers off of his balcony... again, at 3 or 4 AM... was throwing them into dead dried up yellow grass. Not to mention that he was so stoned out of his gourd that he wouldn't have known what to do if he started a fire. He probably would have closed his balcony glass-door, and pretended it didn't happen, for fear of getting in trouble.

Right to celebrate traditions aside ... I'd be a little pissed if the fire department knocked on my door at 3/4 AM and ordered me to evacuate. ASSUMING they got there in time.

If someone WANTS to use fireworks, there are large parking lots. A couple of universities have them. WalMart has a HUGE parking lot here, as well as some other shopping centers. In such a location, one can enjoy one's fireworks WITHOUT the fire hazard, and WITHOUT selfishly disturbing others.

Last edited:
LOL, now you sound old. Disturbing others??? Its just for one or two days out of the year, and they are celebrating your countries Independence. You should hear it around my house. I get the fire safety issue, but there is always a fire safety issue. Thats why we have fire departments.

Saw this one at work and had to wait 12 hours to reply...

The coolest part of a delivery truck would be on the bumper. Try going inside one of those trucks on a hot day. They are rolling ovens !

Yes there is a legal alternative to getting pyrotechnics "out of season."
There are serious conditions/declarations and licenses required for transporting any form of pyrotechnics. If you wanted to do it properly and you started today you might find that you might get somewhere by the next July 4th. There are sooo many conditions and legal documents for EVERY state line crossed and that would be a lot easier than attempting to have it air freighted. If you even think about crossing an international border you are going to end up on a government list that you probably don't want to be associated with.
And don't think that you can do all that for free. It will cost you a lot of money too. That's why it isn't something that is done by many people.
"Fireworks" are pyrotechnics which are EXPLOSIVES. No matter how you think of it, they will be too much trouble to deal with.
Having stated that though, I will ask, what type of effect are you trying to have/do ?
There are many simple compounds that you could make yourself by purchasing small quantities of simple materials. Think along the lines of professional music presentations (concerts) or theatre arts...I used to have the complete formulas for every color of flame charges, the ability to have it as just flame, flame with white smoke after, or flame with black smoke after, or just the smoke charges. But that was 30 years ago and I might have trouble finding my old chemistry and stagecraft books.:thinking:
Depending on the desired effect, there are usually quite a few options. Just make sure you KNOW what you are doing and are completely safe about it ! This sort of thing can make the dangers of lasers seem like kid stuff.

Razako

Where I live there were fireworks going off absolutely everywhere on the forth. Arial shells, roman candles, rockets, fountains and the sound of firecrackers from every direction. It was like a war zone and I loved every moment of it XD. I only got annoyed when people kept setting em off at like 1AM cause I had to get up early in the morning for work and I needed to get some sleep.

I can see how a city or state would really crack down on fireworks when everything is dry.

In Illinois, all the fun fire works are illegal under state law, even bottle rockets. there were mortars and firecrackers going off every night a week before the 4th. luckily, it has been pretty moist lately so fires weren't an issue. in my town, the police are known for confiscating your fireworks and taking them back to their house to use.

On the forth, there were mortars going off every were inside of town so I know the cops had plenty of unsuspecting people to harass. lol

Back on subject, Its pretty common to just drive across the state line to Indiana or Missouri to get the good fireworks. Just don't do it around the 4th.

I have a large group of friends and we'd throw a pig roast. Everyone would throw in what money they could spare, and we'd go to the fireworks store. When you wave $500 around you get full access to the "back room". The whole neighborhood would come out to watch it. It was good times. We dont do it as much anymore, unfortunately.