Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

IT CAME - 250mw greenie

The laser that Ive been expecting from BlueFusion has arrived. Its a "250mw" greenie, but it peaks at 351mw and averages around 330mw after 1 minute according to Bluefusion. Ill post a full review and pics and stuff when the battery charges, cuz its completely dead right now. I havent received any lasers for a while, so i havent done any reviews in a long time. Its time to break out my laser meter, camera and matches now that i have another beastly laser. My closest laser to this power is my "125mw" pulsar, which peaks at 80mw... And my 125mw fusion peaks at 61mw.

So anyway, full review coming soon. This thing is awesome looking.

Thanks bluefusion.

250mW greenie is pretty vague. What is it, a portable laser? Sky per chance?

This is good news for BlueFusion clients :)

Big problem.... The laser doesnt work. The dot is about 3 ft wide at 4ft from aperture, and it rates 24mw when i can get it focused down for about 20 seconds, then drops down to 8mw.

Ive been scammed or something, because there is no way that this laser is 351mw and worth the $600+ i paid for...

Oops. That's too bad... nothing more frustrating that to find out defects on a new expensive gadget. What's wrong with it, a completely misaligned crystal or something?

Possibly. It might have been postal service. The package in came in had tape all around it and said "inspected by customs" (which nearly gave me a heart attack when i first saw it). So im talking to bluefusion about getting a replacement from s-ky.

The looks of the laser are pure gold, literally too. The thing is heavy, large, and painted gold. It looks seriously badass. Too bad its only 8mw and like 12mRad...

That sounds like some crystals came out of place. Stupid customs, smashing lasers around...

yeah were gonna see if we can get it fixed by seeing if any crystals or lenses are out of line. This seems likely because the laser gets super hot after one minute, which makes it seem like its drawing full current and using it, but the beam just isnt coming out. Some small thing might be making the beam hit the side of the laser and barely making it out at only about 8mw, so the rest is all in there somewhere.

Yeah if the laser is unfocused then it could be spread out wide on the inside, and what you're getting out may only be the 'center' of the beam. I would still think it would be over 8mW, but when a lens is that far out I guess it could cause some crazy power readings.

If anything, you can always turn it into a 2W IR burner :D

still the centre would be the strongest part.
and i would still prefer a 300mw green over a 2watt ir. hehe waiting for a 10w ir portable :)