Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

is this going to be the new teardown ?

I am not even talking about the novelty factor. The cost of the projector itself is likely going to be very high which will force the price floor of the diode up directly with it. I have heard rumors of the projector costing in upwards of $5000(as high as $10000). We can only hope the projector is far cheaper than speculation places it.

I have heard rumors of the projector costing in upwards of $5000(as high as $10000)

Not likely IMO. The highest one of these will be is probably in the $3,000+- range. LG needs to compete with other projectors that give similar picture quality and if these are 5-10x the price of our c@$10s etc very few people will be interested in buying them.

This is true but it is also new tech with new components and quite innovative so it is given that it will be more costly.

I am not even talking about the novelty factor. The cost of the projector itself is likely going to be very high which will force the price floor of the diode up directly with it. I have heard rumors of the projector costing in upwards of $5000(as high as $10000). We can only hope the projector is far cheaper than speculation places it.

I really hope you're wrong, unless it's a moie theater projector that price tag means it won't sell at all. But if it's true then I won't buy them any time soon...

Let's see... a 100 inch inch screen projected from 22 inches away. So you'll be looking at the back of the projector from your viewing location?:pop: And if not, the output optics must be VERY impressive!:thinking:

T.

Obviously the projector would not be in the way of viewing. From the description it sounds to me like the projection begins a few inches above the projector so it can sit on the ground under your screen and project up onto it. The optics would have to be very advanced and I am sure they would take some alignment whenever you wanted to relocate the projector since it would have to bend the projection massively to account for the hard angles it would be projecting at.