Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is this a problem? (video)

Happy with the performance of the laser. But it did not focus when the dot is moving. Why is that? Is this a problem?

My laser: 400mw 532nm DPSS laser (lazerer)

All the higher powered, cheap green lasers I've seen mode hope like that.

The increase, and decrease in apparent brightness of the beam is not really noticeable when focused to infinity though, so IMO not a problem.

That's some serious mode hopping. You have a bad battery (or driver), alignment, or the temperature is out of this laser's "comfort zone", and I am leaning to the latter. It's an old thread explaining it but the info is still good.

I use Sanyo battery. But driver is lazerer default driver. I do not know what model driver.

mode hopping, increase in the coming days? Or Always remain so?

by the way, my laser;

http://lazerer.com/Green_Laser_Pointer/lazerer_lzsk_532nm_400mW_high power_DPSS_green_lase_pointer

Last edited:

Things

You'll find that most green lasers over 100mW or so won't run in TEM00, but some other mode. This is because some other modes use the cavity space much more efficiently, so you can get more power at the expense of a weird shaped dot.