Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

is my Wicked laser a previously returned unit?

IgorT

wooooooolazer said:
When i sent back my mode-hopping x-65 to nova i think they sent me a repaired unit, there was a lens on the very top of the module that was just glued on there

Actually, that's how it's supposed to be. The collimator is just glued on top of a nut with two holes on each side (for adjusting with a special tool). I have an "X-"150 directly from CNI and an X-75 in little pieces (from ben74 to build him a red laser into it) and both have the collimator glued on top of that nut.

I'm sure you didn't get a returned/repaired unit, besides, i highly doubt Nova does any repairs themselves. They just send bad lasers back to CNI.

IgorT said:
[quote author=wooooooolazer link=1206906309/0#13 date=1208469968]When i sent back my mode-hopping x-65 to nova i think they sent me a repaired unit, there was a lens on the very top of the module that was just glued on there

Actually, that's how it's supposed to be. The collimator is just glued on top of a nut with two holes on each side (for adjusting with a special tool). I have an "X-"150 directly from CNI and an X-75 in little pieces (from ben74 to build him a red laser into it) and both have the collimator glued on top of that nut.

I'm sure you didn't get a returned/repaired unit, besides, i highly doubt Nova does any repairs themselves. They just send bad lasers back to CNI.[/quote]

It doesn't look like that, that is how the first one i had looked but this new one i got has no holes or anything, it is just a small aperture inside with a lens glued right on, if you want i can take some pics.

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D

IgorT

wooooooolazer said:
It doesn't look like that, that is how the first one i had looked but this new one i got has no holes or anything, it is just a small aperture inside with a lens glued right on, if you want i can take some pics.

Sure, make some pics. I want to see what it's about.

So the lens is glued to the unscrewable apperture at the top? What's inside the barrel then?