Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is my laser lens dirty?

could be micro scratches on the lens from the q-tip. i have the same thing goin on so i got the lenspen micro comin in the mail saturday. I absolutely HATE dot splash. It drives me up the fricken wall.

Bro how the lenspen doing?

Basho

yeah ive tried to clean my lense so much it drove me crazy...i dont think anyone has i spotless lense...
I have also got this issue badly. Is it an option to replace the complete lens or does it not have a decent overall positive outcome/effect ?

Encap

I have also got this issue badly. Is it an option to replace the complete lens or does it not have a decent overall positive outcome/effect ?
What laser and what lens are you talking about? \
Without more info how is anyone going to say anything. Obviously you don't have the same laser as the OP or the same problem b ut a similar problem with your laser and no info about it or photo of what you are talking about so..

Without any more info--yeah clean the lens try it---change the lens and try it and find out what is what, Could be a dirty diode window and not the lens could be a dirty window or filter in front of the lens--could be a lot of things.

Basho

I got a Thor H series 3W blue 445nm practically brand new and used 3 short times before it turned bad quickly. Just by having it outside in my hand while the conditions were very damp aka moist humidity wise. Sinds that moment i have a big halo with curved streamlined lines in all directions. After i first tried to see what it would do with a few days in the dry rice thing. It didnt do well but rather the opposite. Now the lines within the large halo got animated and are all moving and alive at this point.. :(

Hope this adds to getting some usefull help and/or insights into the nasty problem the laser quickly developed . Thnx in advance

I got a Thor H series 3W blue 445nm practically brand new and used 3 short times before it turned bad quickly. Just by having it outside in my hand while the conditions were very damp aka moist humidity wise. Sinds that moment i have a big halo with curved streamlined lines in all directions. After i first tried to see what it would do with a few days in the dry rice thing. It didnt do well but rather the opposite. Now the lines within the large halo got animated and are all moving and alive at this point.. :(

Hope this adds to getting some usefull help and/or insights into the nasty problem the laser quickly developed . Thnx in advance
Probably cheap plastic lens..
Try with glass lens >>

KayEm

Just as a quick note - since Basho's Thor is "brand new", it has to have a glass lens. At least the LPS insist that their Thor lasers come with glass lenses for a couple years now or so...

Basho

Just as a quick note - since Basho's Thor is "brand new", it has to have a glass lens. At least the LPS insist that their Thor lasers come with glass lenses for a couple years now or so...
Thats exactly where i got it from and ive baught many lasers there before this one. Even this model and specs are what i already owned that comes from lps. So no shady seller that nobody knows about that i had a 1 time gamble purchase at ..

Basho

P.s im even a reseller that purchases in bulk from lps so im pretty sure that they wont give me junk or lesser quality as claimed their products are . And the few times i tried and had this one on it worked fine. No different from the same model i had previously to the product im talking about currently.

Encap

As has been said to you are far back as your first posts. Do not double or triple post--very frowned upon on LPF.
Please don't double or triple post---use the edit function.

You have had problems with LPS products from the beginning see your first post: https://laserpointerforums.com/thre...3w-on-off-problem-keeps-getting-worse.105737/

Best LPF advice is to clean the lens and/or replace the lens. Nobody here has anything to do with LPS. or their products.
What do you expect anyone on LPF to do about a mass produced low quality low cost laser?
You don't even provide a photo of what you are talking about?

Contact LPS if you are a reseller of reseller LPS's products offered or whoever sold it to you and tell them the problem.
Ask to return it or for a replacement - minimally ask for a new lens to see if that corrects the problem, instead of whining here.

Last edited:

Basho

This is a video of what my laser has for a problem. Looks funky lol but not why i want and need this product hehe.

Last edited: