Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is mine broken?

Ad 303 walked with it in my pocket the other day, it still lights up but the beam is very weak and out of focus

Did the front lens get loose or moved? Are the batteries fresh as the button might have gotten pressed being in your pocket.

I am also interested in this question. I bought a 303 a few days ago, it worked great the first night and it became very dim the day after. Charged the battery, still no luck.

You can't expect much from a $6 chinese pointer. The DPSS process is too convoluted to build a reliable system in that price range. Things get knocked out of alignment and cheap crystals degrade. You can rule out the cells and driver by metering the current at the tail-cap, but the type of people wondering why their pointers are broken are the same type of people that are afraid of multimeters for some reason.

Would you ask the internet if the light bulb in your bathroom burnt out? Of course not. Toss it and get a new one. It's not worth your time to fix a $6 device, especially when it's not designed to be user serviceable.

Reactions: GSS

Ricker

You can't expect much from a $6 chinese pointer. The DPSS process is too convoluted to build a reliable system in that price range. Things get knocked out of alignment and cheap crystals degrade. You can rule out the cells and driver by metering the current at the tail-cap, but the type of people wondering why their pointers are broken are the same type of people that are afraid of multimeters for some reason.

Would you ask the internet if the light bulb in your bathroom burnt out? Of course not. Toss it and get a new one. It's not worth your time to fix a $6 device, especially when it's not designed to be user serviceable.

Exactly that. The whole thing is glued and pressed, no way for an easy fix.

I believe this is in the wrong spot, I think when it says "Help, Suggestions, & Administrative Announcements" it means Help with using and/or navigating this forum.