Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is Laserpointerworld somewhat legit? I want to buy from them

Newb

I was about to buy this laser LZTN - 532nm 150mW Smallest Green Laser Pointer from Lazerer.com when 10 minutes later it was out of stock... (just my luck) I did some searching and found the same laser for much less on laserpointerworld.com and was wondering if this site is anywhere near legit. I am looking for both lasers to be attleast 100mw so it can light matches.

150mw green: 150mw 532nm High Power Open-back Green Laser Pointer with Keychain

also this 200mw red: 200mW 650nm Open-back Kaleidoscopic Red Laser Pointer Pen (2×AAA)

If you know any shipping estimates/ does the company ship discretely eg they're not gonna write like laser on the package right?

Lucian

I don't know anything about that website, so I can't offer advice on that sorry.

But the picture you linked of the green host IS in fact very commonly used for green lasers (that style host is mass produced). I've never seen any company mark something like that, but again I don't know. I would at least assume the return address would say "Laser Pointer World".

Asking about a companies reputation is a very good thing to do though. I've read SO MANY reviews from various (Usually Chinese Manufacturing) companies where the laser that arrives is usually way under powered, or being direct driven (not possible with green to the best of my knowledge). I've even read a couple where the power output was greater than 80mW-100mW when it was rated as maximum of 5mW. So you can't even really tell it'll always be one direction or the other. My best advice is to wait until they are in stock, or snoop around on these forums and find a website/company/individual that does have some good reputation. You might even be lucky enough to find someone's experience with that exact website.

Edit: In fact my Spyder Arctic III said "Wicked Lasers" right on the box (Before I traded it away for my shotgun). When it showed up I was surprised it did honestly because of the Customs issue; Wicked Lasers is still on the Customs Import Ban List. And I've bought a few other things from people where the word laser was in the return label, they seem to arrive here fine.

So maybe I'm missing the point but I don't think you will have a problem with shipping. Especially in the power range you are looking at (Not a Class 4 laser).

Last edited:

Newb

I don't think class matters to customs am I right? because if they found even a 10mw laser they are supposed to be confiscating it.

Lucian

I'm not a law expert, so i honestly don't know but from my understanding its illegal to mail a fully assembled laser through Customs whereas an inoperable one is okay.

Kind of the same concept as you being able to buy a gun and bullets at the same place, but you can't buy a loaded gun.

Edit: Hopefully someone with a clearer understanding of the law will set this issue straight.

Last edited:

Newb

Yh but from searching around this site everyone keeps telling me that custom shouldn't be a problem...

Most green lasers are binned liked CPUs. Anything under 50-80mW usually goes into the 5mW bin. Thats why you can get an over spec laser rated 5mW. But when they get into the 100mW and above they can, and will cheat. So your 100mW may actually be 80mW, ect. What you want to look for in a laser company is trust in advertised power. The majority (as much as 95% of them) of low-mid level laser retailers will outright lie about power. Thats why we only recommend a small handful of laser retailers. Lazerer being one of them.

So its smarter to wait for a laser to be restocked on one of the recommended sites than to buy from an unknown laser retailer.

The Chinese do not have marketing laws, so they can say anything they want. So always keep this in mind when buying anything from China.