Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is LASER POINTERPRO legit or scam

I smell... scam. 1000mW greens for under $300... scam wow. Some of their lasers might be legit, but I'd stay away. Try Lazerer.com Not the best, but not a scam either

Bacon

Everyone seems to recomend lazerer I guess its that sweet certificate... I will be getting a 200mW green and later when I learn the ways of a laser I will get the 1W blue

If I were going to get a 200mW green from Lazerer, it would be this one. LZCR - 532nm 200mW High Power DPSS Green Laser Pointer

I may be getting the 200mW hulk ultra from dragonlasers. The reason is the 1.2 mRad divergence. One bad thing about Lazerer is they do not list divergence rating for their lasers. If the laser I recommended does have 1.2 mRad, it might be a better deal than the hulk ultra. I will say this. Lazerer has poor batteries and safety glasses. Do not get the battery, charger or glasses with your laser. You need glasses, I'd just get them somewhere else. get batteries and charger elsewhere. Lots of members here recommend lighthound.com

The poorest attribute of any laser from Lazerer will be the duty cycle. Lots to consider before you buy. I got the 1500mW rifle (blue) and am pretty happy with it

Any forum member correct me if you feel I am wrong here,
I would say as a general rule, green lasers must be bought from companies, but members on this forum have the highest quality to price ratio for high powered violet, blue (445nm anyway), and red lasers. I did not know about this when I got my first 445nm 1W, but if I ever get another, it'll be from here.

Last edited:
Shakenawake, if I wanted to get a 100mw or 50mw from that site, what would be my cheapest option?

I prefer lazerz now, since everyone is recommending it..

To clarify, I have never bought a green laser from lazerer, only a blue. I just recommend them for inexpensive lasers. They are about the cheapest I have seen that are not a scam. You will get what you pay for most of the time. I have seen threads with dead lasers from lazerer, after the warranty is up naturally. Short Warranty periods are never a good sign. I know not all, and maybe no green lasers from lazerer are IR filtered. they test the IR output for you, but the laser itself does not have a filter, they simply put one in front of the beam during the test

Last edited:

Bacon

Re:Laserpointerpro?

Laserpointerpro is the biggest shit, they sell bullshit quality! I bougth my first laser above 5mw there,(my second laser I had ever bought). It was a 250mw 532nm green laser pointer, but I think the laser was about 100mw. The laser broke after 2 months.
But this was predictable because the laser costs about 50$. I repeat: I didnt now that laserpointerpro is bullshit, I just began to being a laserhobbyist.
But I have to say that some of their lasers are better quality, its like in a lottery-some lasers are better, and some are bullshit.

The only good is that laserpointerpro send me a special ticket to send them the broken laser.

I had forgot to say, I bought on this day 2 lasers, one green(the bullshit), and one red(300mw) for around 40$. The red one arent 300mw but that was expected, I think it is around 100-150mw, but better quality. He didnt break till now.

Its better to buy from lazerer.com or cnilaser.com
Sorry for the bad english this is my first day in this forum.

Last edited:
DO NOT BUY FROM LASERPOINTERPRO!!! Whatever you do, stay AWAY from them. A quick google search on this Forum will tell you that forum members have been scammed from this site before...

Lazerer.com has had some quality issues recently, try O-like, not great but not bad either.